Fix my Architecture

PhotoPharaoh

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos OK to edit
I need some C&C for my architecture shots.. I like to travel and want to take better building shots! Tell me what you think of the ones below and how to improve..

P1000759.JPG

P1010067.JPG

P1000015.JPG

P1010048.JPG

P1000219.JPG

Cheers
Rami

I think the composition is fine on them. The framing depicts an interesting and recognizable view of the area you are shooting. The last one seems it was shot hand held since I feel it shows motion blur.
I think all can benefit from adjustments of levels and curves in post. I find them flat or not popping at all. All of this can be corrected in post.
Watch your highlights when shooting in the bright sun, number 4 shows some clipping of the highlights (in my monitor) it could benefit from some recovery adjustment.
My suggestion, use a tripod whenever possible and also try to bracket your exposures. The evening light is always easier to manage and brings more drama to the pictures, use it whenever possible.
I hope this helps.
respectfully,
Jim

I hope this helps.
Many thanks Jim! It surely helps!

I find them flat or not popping at all. All of this can be corrected in post.
Could please elaborate a bit, example and how-to would certainly help.. because I have the same feeling but I don't know how to create or add this effect. I tried to compose 1, 2 & 5 to create some sense of perspective and dimension, but I don't know if I'm in the right way!

1 for some reason looks distorted... like u were using a tilt shift lens :S
2 doesnt do much for me... it seems u exposed for the building but have focused on the statue, hence getting some dark areas on ur focus point.
3 is nice, but i would like to see the tiles on the roof pop a bt more. maybe up the saturation a little bit more.
4 is fine, but whenever i look at the clocks dials i feel like its out of focus (due to the shadows of the ahnds etc, or maybe my eyes are just weird)
5 needs a tripod but looks correctly exposed, and composed well.

Thanks a lot barfastic!
I wasn't using any tilting lens! May be it is the angle of view together with the fact that the columns and the cathedral tower are on 2 different planes..
Point taken on 2! that seems exactly what is wrong with it!
for 3 I actually manually focused on the clock.. but may the bright sun didnt help the shot much!

I hope this helps.
Many thanks Jim! It surely helps!

I find them flat or not popping at all. All of this can be corrected in post.
Could please elaborate a bit, example and how-to would certainly help.. because I have the same feeling but I don't know how to create or add this effect. I tried to compose 1, 2 & 5 to create some sense of perspective and dimension, but I don't know if I'm in the right way!

Hello, what I meant is that maybe some curves, levels and contrast adjustments would make the images pop out a bit. As also mentioned, upping the saturation levels on some of them will help render the image. Of course, it all depends on what kind of software you use. I use mostly Lightroom and works pretty well for this type of adjustments.

The picture below, although a different perspective, required a good amount of manipulation to bring out the colors of both the sky and the walls. (the sky is a little overdone :lol: but I left it like that as a reminder to myself) This was shot nearly at mid day with the sun flaring so you can imagine how washed out the colors looked on the original. I could not find the original to post as well.

111295706.jpg

regards,

Jim

Most reactions

Back