What's new

Fixed macro with jb weld !!!

Gunngee

TPF Noob!
Joined
Jan 20, 2009
Messages
35
Reaction score
0
Location
Vancouver, BC
I couldn't find an exactly proper spot to post this so I figured this was the best place. I know a lot of you are going to cringe when you hear of my repair. Given the age of the lens and the fact that I have a brand new 105 mm on order, I really had nothing to loose. What happened is we couldn't use the focus anymore, it had completely locked up. So i took the back of it apart and found that one of the gear sets had come loose from the little bracket it was attached to. I then removed the bracket and placed the gear set back in the hole it was mounted to and tried to use a center punch to set it back in place but the hole had opened up too much to completely hold it in place. It did work a little bit. Now this is where the jb weld comes in. I just took a minute drop of the stuff and placed it on the back side of the bracket on the gear shaft and let it harden. I put it all back together and it focuses beautifully. I figure if it comes loose again I'll just remove the gear and use manual focus only.
 
JB Weld can at times be a simply incredible repair material. I've used the stuff more than once. One radiator tank top repair I did with JB Weld lasted a couple of years!
 
That stuff is awesome. I've also done some radiator repair with it.
 

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Log in

Already have an account? Log in here.

New Topics

Back
Top Bottom