What's new

Fixture Fixated

manaheim

Jedi Bunnywabbit
Staff member
Supporting Member 📸
Joined
Sep 2, 2005
Messages
14,457
Reaction score
3,329
Can others edit my Photos
Photos OK to edit
Once again, I find myself taking pictures of light fixtures... :-) Help. :lol: What do folks think of this one?

Higgins Armory Museum - 066.jpg
 
I'm kinda digging the new groove that you are in. I like all the color and lines you found. The only thing that bothers me a little is the OOF taking up a little bit too much room on the right. Keep shooting these...they are fun to look at!
 
  • Thread Starter 🔹
  • Moderator 🛠️
  • #4
Thanks, guys. Yeah, I see what you mean on the OOF part. It was a very small fixture so I was trying to keep distractions out of the frame. Moving up and to the left wouldn't have worked as well compositionally, but was clearly what was called for to avoid the lower right.

Still... I kinda like it. :)
 
I would not have known that was a light fixture unless you told me.

I'm not saying that's bad....I guess it depends what you are going for with the shot.
 
As Mishele said: keep shooting.

Unfortunately, in my book that usually means WTF?

WTF are you trying to say?

WTF are you doing?

Don't try so hard. Be yourself and maybe you will find yourself.
 
  • Thread Starter 🔹
  • Moderator 🛠️
  • #7
I wasn't trying hard. I was just playing with an interesting fixture. :)

Wasn't trying to say anything. I just thought it was interesting and wanted to capture elements of it to give the same feel I got when looking at it.
 
  • Thread Starter 🔹
  • Moderator 🛠️
  • #8
As Mishele said: keep shooting.

Unfortunately, in my book that usually means WTF?

WTF are you trying to say?

WTF are you doing?

Don't try so hard. Be yourself and maybe you will find yourself.

So I've been thinking about this remark by you all day, and I challenge you to explain your remarks.

What do you mean by trying to hard? How do you mean "find yourself"? What in what I have done here (or not done here) suggests to you that I have somehow not?

To me these remarks seem very cursory, and where you are one artist of note around here these remarks feel sort of glib.
 

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Log in

Already have an account? Log in here.

Back
Top Bottom