Fjords in Iceland

Baltas

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Website
baltramaitis.com
Can others edit my Photos
Photos NOT OK to edit
I have taken that picture in the summer of 2010 in Western part of Iceland near Grundarfjodur . I like the way the coastline winding and creating different pools of water.

_21R9603.jpg

Fjord in Snaefellsnes peninsula

Nice shot. I love northern Europe! I so want to visit Iceland, Norway, Sweden and Denmark! Thanks for making me dream!

I like the way the coastline winding and creating different pools of water.
. I have to concur with you on this one. This image of yours is simply stunning. It shows movement and the hues are well blended. Northern Europe has a lot of beautiful scenes that are worth visiting. Keep on posting.

The composition quite lacking in my opinion. The horizon is not level which is distracting. The horizon is also middle of the image which, the main point of interest in the photo the peace of land is also in the middle. I would recommend reading up on the rule of thirds.

The image is very stunning, but I have to agree with light guru on the rest with an added the island looks like your focus point leaving the foreground distractingly out of focus.

Thank you for your input. It is helpful to see through the eyes of someone else.

If you do correct the tilt, etc., as suggested, would you repost it? I'd love to see the edited version, it's such a beautiful place.

_21R9603-1.jpg

Fjord in Iceland

Hi guys, I include here the correction of the level of the horizon. The composition is very individual thing and there are the reasons why you place certain things in the certain places.Of course, there is also the attitude of quick glance composition. Nothing wrong with that.
I will try to explain why in this image I have done in this particular way. The tilt also had some purpose but here I corrected because I think it was valid reason and this I will not discuss. The upper part of the picture with the mount and the clouds could stand on it's own as a separate picture but the land down below it is essential here. This particular place is the fjord and the upper part is not an island. So those to lands compete with each other and form the body of water which is the bay. Well, the important axis of this composition lies on three things: the stick(pole) in the center right foreground, the tip of the mountain and the little boat slightly right on the horizon. What those things do represent? The pole hammered in to the ground is our stake in life, that is what we claim is ours, that is what we worked hard for, that is what I earned, that is what I fight for. The mountain represents the bigger aspirations, the goal, something most important in life. The clouds are our dreams, fantasies. And the boat represents our courage to leave mundane things behind and venture onto the journey to find out what is the world, what is the purpose of my life. And for this reason the composition is the way it is. The tilt was just to give instability. But it could be this way as well.

Last edited:
I like it even more now that it's straightened out. Beautiful photo.

I appreciated reading your explanation of the image as well, glad you shared it!

Most reactions

New Topics

Back