Flash causing delay in picture taking

Do a "reset to factory settings" on your camera. Chances are that at some point without knowing it, you have changed some setting that is causing this affect. Start from zero and try again.

What is the speedlight, and have you ever changed any of the settings on it?

What have you changed on the D7000?

You can try this:

http://support.nikonusa.com/app/answers/detail/a_id/17395/~/how-to-reset-a-d-slr-to-factory-default-settings

I also have a doc that is no longer available...

$Capture.JPG

This will get rid of your custom settings:

The procedure was:

1. Hold down the two green buttons for 3 seconds.

2. Go into the Custom Settings menu (Pencil Icon) and click
Reset Custom Settings.

3. Turn the camera off
Remove the battery
Turn camera switch ON
Hold down the shutter button for 20 seconds
Turn Camera Switch OFF
Replace the battery
Turn Camera ON

Do a "reset to factory settings" on your camera. Chances are that at some point without knowing it, you have changed some setting that is causing this affect. Start from zero and try again.

I did that already. :/ It didn't help. :(

So NOW the question is:

Why would having the remote between my camera and flash allow my flash to work properly?

Just so I am clear, my flash works fine when on my camera I attach one of my remote recievers, turned on, and then attached on top of that my flash. Why would that work but not when I remove the reciever and have the flash mounted directly to the camera? (I only use one remote, not actually as a remote, just a "middle" man between my camera and flash)

I'm so confused and its driving me crazy not knowing what is going on here. I can usually troubleshoot my way out of just about everything...

What is the speedlight, and have you ever changed any of the settings on it?

What have you changed on the D7000?

You can try this:

http://support.nikonusa.com/app/answers/detail/a_id/17395/~/how-to-reset-a-d-slr-to-factory-default-settings

I also have a doc that is no longer available...

View attachment 12556

This will get rid of your custom settings:

The procedure was:

1. Hold down the two green buttons for 3 seconds.

2. Go into the Custom Settings menu (Pencil Icon) and click
Reset Custom Settings.

3. Turn the camera off
Remove the battery
Turn camera switch ON
Hold down the shutter button for 20 seconds
Turn Camera Switch OFF
Replace the battery
Turn Camera ON

lol, sounds like and old school Nintendo code "up, up, down, down, left, right, left, right, a, b, select, start" lol

Thank you for the advise, I will try resetting in this way in a few..

This might a real long shot, but it may be worth checking. Could it be one of the pins on the flash is sticking? May the remote shoe is shaped just differently enough for the in to make contact. Take a good long look at your flash pins, and see if they are all even. Just a thought.

This might a real long shot, but it may be worth checking. Could it be one of the pins on the flash is sticking? May the remote shoe is shaped just differently enough for the in to make contact. Take a good long look at your flash pins, and see if they are all even. Just a thought.

When I first read this I thought, AHA! But then I remembered that it does it with the on camera flash too. :\

Most reactions

Back