What's new

Flash diffusers... 16 tested. Exploring frame coverage...

Green Li

TPF Noob!
Joined
Apr 3, 2009
Messages
137
Reaction score
7
Can others edit my Photos
Photos NOT OK to edit
I've put some work into exploring the frame coverage by various flash diffusers and reflectors. I picked 22 images for the review (some diffusers are in more than one configuration).

Hope this is helpful: Flash Diffuser frame coverage test

Examples:
presslite-vertex-wide.jpg
lumiquest-softbox-iii.jpg
demb-flip-it.jpg
...
 
That wide spread is just one of the reasons I freaking love the Vertex. ^.^ (You can get more vertical spread by turning the panels up a bit more.)
 
  • Thread Starter 🔹
  • Banned
  • #3
That wide spread is just one of the reasons I freaking love the Vertex. ^.^ (You can get more vertical spread by turning the panels up a bit more.)

You gotta be careful with the angle though. I figured that if you start changing the angle to get more vertical coverage, then you lose the width (in the "wide spread" configuration only).
 
Did you happen to test the same setup with a stofen omnibounce pointed at the ceiling?
 
That wide spread is just one of the reasons I freaking love the Vertex. ^.^ (You can get more vertical spread by turning the panels up a bit more.)

You gotta be careful with the angle though. I figured that if you start changing the angle to get more vertical coverage, then you lose the width (in the "wide spread" configuration only).

Ah yes, but hey, I'd much rather have the extra flexibility.
 

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Log in

Already have an account? Log in here.

Back
Top Bottom