Flash Help

souperman

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos NOT OK to edit
I have searched here and google with no help. I found and old Toshiba flash that my grandpa had, it is a 718A. I am sure the manual is somewhere, but I haven't had a chance to go looking for it.

I can't post pictures at the moment, but it has a small switch in front that slides back and forth, a power switch on the back as well as a small red button to fire the flash. It takes 3 "AA" batteries. It does have a guide on the back with manual and auto info for f-stops and such.

Can anyone tell me anything about this?

Sounds like a fairly typical third-party manual flash. With the Toshiba name on it, I'm guessing it dates from mid 80s or earlier. What sort of help did you need?

Would I be able to use this with a remote/wireless trigger system?

Being unable to find information on the flash myself, I'd recommend NOT mounting the flash on your camera. If the flash is triggered by the camera, it could be too high of a voltage for your T1i and fry the **** out of it.

Being unable to find information on the flash myself, I'd recommend NOT mounting the flash on your camera. If the flash is triggered by the camera, it could be too high of a voltage for your T1i and fry the **** out of it.

I have no intention of using it on camera, hence the reason I would like to know about remote/wireless setups for it.

I'm not entirely sure I'd try that either. That might fry your wireless transmitter. But I haven't tried it so maybe someone else that has experience with older flashes will chime in.

I'm not entirely sure I'd try that either. That might fry your wireless transmitter. But I haven't tried it so maybe someone else that has experience with older flashes will chime in.

My hope entirely.

As an Amazon Associate we earn from qualifying purchases.
It can't fry a radio transmitter because the transmitter would be on the camera, and only transmits a radio signal to the receiver that is attached to the flash. So the receiver may be at some risk, but I don't think so.

Any of the inexpensive radio triggers like: CowboyStudio NPT-04 4 Channel Wireless Hot Shoe Flash Trigger Receiver for Canon EOS, Nikon, Olympus & Pentax Flashes Other products by cowboystudio should work OK with that light.

Excellent, thank you very much!

As an Amazon Associate we earn from qualifying purchases.

Most reactions

New Topics

Back