Flash or constant lighting

Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos NOT OK to edit
Hi there,

I currently have a flash setup which I bought from Micansu as well as a set of constant lights. In most cases, I use the flash setup and the constants lighting is almost unused.

Could anyone give me some advice how I can make use of the "constant Light setup". I've attached an image of it.

$20cmlights.jpg

Shine them through a diffuser, shoot with a tripod, and make sure you change your white balance setting.

If you want to use them with your flashes, pop some CTO or whatever appropriate temperature gels on the flashes.

Those stands look like they are short, made for lighting the outside of a macro tent. They are useful for product photos and still life, either with a tent or some other diffuser. You can use them with the bare bulb if you want harder shadows.

Will,

Do I ever need to use them at all when I've flashes? I was just wanting to know, in which cases these could perform better than my flashes?

Will,

Do I ever need to use them at all when I've flashes? I was just wanting to know, in which cases these could perform better than my flashes?

It depends on if you can get the light you want. If you're shooting something with your flashes and you're getting unwanted shadows, don't have enough coverage, or any other issue that you might not forsee, then you could potentially use these. The problem is that your flash at it's lowest setting is going to probably be bright than these lights, so it will take fanagling to get the balance you want. They may work as a fill or to help reduce shadows, but I highly doubt they'd be a substitute for a flash itself. If you don't have to money to buy additional flashses if you find you need them, then they could potentially work in a pinch.

You're better off getting more flashes as you need them tough as mixing different colored lights can be a pain. Not to mention that hot lights are hot. Lights like these are better for illuminating a room when you need additional light to see and not for photography, IMHO.

Most reactions

New Topics

Back