Flash Question

melcooney

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Website
www.melscorner.net
I am using a Nikon Coolpix 8700 and although I have not made it all the way through the user's manual, I can not figure out how to stop the automatic flash from washing pictures out. Any suggestions would be greatly appreciated.

Stick a rizla over it?

Presumably it's got a few flash modes like red-eye, fill or whatever? Have you tried any of the other settings?

Rob

Rob said:
Stick a rizla over it?

Presumably it's got a few flash modes like red-eye, fill or whatever? Have you tried any of the other settings?

Rob

That's a good idea, I hadn't thought about trying the "Fill" setting. Thanks Rob!

Some p&s digi-cams have FEC (flash exposure compensation) buried somewhere in the menus. If yours does, just dial it down a few steps.

Putting a piece of tissue paper over the flash might also help to diffuse the light a bit.

If you can turn the flash right off and find a better light source (off camera) that will really, really help your photos look better.

Big Mike said:
Some p&s digi-cams have FEC (flash exposure compensation) buried somewhere in the menus. If yours does, just dial it down a few steps.

Putting a piece of tissue paper over the flash might also help to diffuse the light a bit.

If you can turn the flash right off and find a better light source (off camera) that will really, really help your photos look better.

Thanks Mike, I'll have to look for that setting!

And with "rizla" type paper, you have a little glued surface to attach it, and the added benefit of getting the right size for your flash. :mrgreen:

Never heard of "rizla"

Time to Google

*edit*
Oh, I see :D....ya that would work well.

Most reactions

New Topics

Back