Flash to complement Canon T2I?

faceyournation

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Hey everyone,

You all helped me out so much yesterday I figured I'd come back to you to ask this question... What would be a good flash to complement my Canon T2i? Never really used one before, but now learning that they come to play more than I would expect..

As always, thank you greatly for spending your time to help me out! Very much appropriated!

Hope you all have a wonderful day!

There's an advantage to a Canon flash which supports E-TTL II mode. I have the 430 EX II, which is the middle flash in their line-up. You can't go wrong with this unless you're likely to need power for lighting a very large room or the capability to control slave flash units any time soon. If this is too pricey, the 270 gives you E-TTL II capability but has more limited bounce options, power, etc., but will still do a lot of things for you. You also want an E-TTL sync cord so you can get the flash off camera (OCF) and light your subjects in a more interesting way. Read up on all this - there's quite a bit to absorb.

There's an advantage to a Canon flash which supports E-TTL II mode. I have the 430 EX II, which is the middle flash in their line-up. You can't go wrong with this unless you're likely to need power for lighting a very large room or the capability to control slave flash units any time soon. If this is too pricey, the 270 gives you E-TTL II capability but has more limited bounce options, power, etc., but will still do a lot of things for you. You also want an E-TTL sync cord so you can get the flash off camera (OCF) and light your subjects in a more interesting way. Read up on all this - there's quite a bit to absorb.

Will begin my research, but this is exactly why I wanted to ask on here! Thank you so much for the great information!

420 EX TTL works just fine with this lens too. Also in the menu you can set up a remote flash. This is the first body that I've owned that gives you that option. Hmmm wireless flash for Christmas....yeah.

I would check out Nissin, same money more features and power. Will work with your canon wirelessly.

I'll be sure to check that out! Really loving the idea of a wireless set-up but I was told the t2i can't do it..

Last edited:

Most reactions

Back