Flash yongnuo yn600ex-rt11 ... Need advice

Rambojonil

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos NOT OK to edit
Does anyone have Advice on this flash for me. I've never had a flash and wanted some suggestions

I read the reviews on it. What I take from reviews of it, from people who wrote a more thorough review. Basically said it's pretty good for the price. But it does have some issues. One the head tilt does not lock, so heavier flash accessories will make it come down to 90. Several people reported it overheating, with one being more specific that firing it rapidly with an external battery will over heat it. Others reported it's build is cheap, and a drop from normal height will break it. And a couple reviews reported it communicates well with it's own (canon's system) and Yongnuo wireless triggers. But does not always work well with other wireless triggers.

For the price compared to Canons 600 flash. It's probably a decent deal.

I read the reviews on it. What I take from reviews of it, from people who wrote a more thorough review. Basically said it's pretty good for the price. But it does have some issues. One the head tilt does not lock, so heavier flash accessories will make it come down to 90. Several people reported it overheating, with one being more specific that firing it rapidly with an external battery will over heat it. Others reported it's build is cheap, and a drop from normal height will break it. And a couple reviews reported it communicates well with it's own (canon's system) and Yongnuo wireless triggers. But does not always work well with other wireless triggers.

For the price compared to Canons 600 flash. It's probably a decent deal.

Thank you so much. Your response was helpful to me.

Recently picked up two Yongnuo 560IV units along with the transmitter.

I noted the literature says to not use the highest setting, otherwise it shortens the life of the flash. I'm usually around a 1/16th on power so that should not be much of a problem. Not sure if that is an issue with the 600ex.

So far I have only used them off camera with the transmitter. At some point I will put one on the camera and try out the focus assist.

Most reactions

New Topics

Back