Flash

Crimsonandwhite

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos NOT OK to edit
I just got my 40D and 430EX flash and I must say that it has opened my eyes! Wow what a difference that flash makes! I feel like a whole new world of photography has been opened for me. I am really looking forward to putting this to more use.

Any pointed suggestions for a first time user of a real flash??

How long do the batteries normally last? Should I keep a butt load of double A's in my bag?

Good rechargeable batteries will go a long way and will let the flash recycle faster.

Bounce that sucker !!! I don't know Canon, but I think your model is second on the totem pole. Surely you have a swivel head. Bounce that sucker !!!

With regard to (rechargeable) batteries, get the highest mAh rating you can find.... or there abouts. My last set was rated at 2900 mAh. Oh, and that refers to nickel-metal hydride (NiMH) batteries.

Enjoy.

If it came with a diffuser, experiment with that; if it didn't, get one! Rechargables are great, but always keep an emergency set of regular, alkaline AAs in your bag, just in case.

i agree..i got my 430 ex flash like a week ago...i love it

bounce! I'd say get a Gary Fong Lightsphere. I have one and it always provides excellent results. Some people say it's expensive and wastes light (battery power) but it's been a great investment for me. Just pack lots of rechargeable batteries. Always provides great results.

Flash makes a big difference.............

349253225_mpvmW-XL.jpg

Screw the bounce, go off camera. www.strobist.com

And batteries...I use Sanyo Eneloops. They're low discharge batteries. Not much more than standard rechargables but 100x's better. They don't lose their charge after a couple days, they last longer, and they're a lot better at tolerating colder temperatures...

Most reactions

Back