Flash???

ajandnickysmom

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos NOT OK to edit
Was looking into getting one but they seem a bit pricey.. Any decent ones for a little less $$$?!?! I have a Nikon D90 btw.

just for playing around at home and friend's bday party, sb600 is more then enough. For more serious, sb800 (if you can find one) and sb900.
Personally, I think flash is a tool that is INDISPENSABLE. You can have the best lens in the world but w/o light source your image will be black. I think sunpak or vivitar makes a ttl flash for Nikon for around $100.

A friend had given me a vivitar (Vivitar SF3000 Digital Slave Flash) But all it does is blow out all the photos, unless i'm just an ass and just not using it right.. Thanks, i'll take a look at the ones you mentioned

A friend had given me a vivitar (Vivitar SF3000 Digital Slave Flash) But all it does is blow out all the photos, unless i'm just an ass and just not using it right.. Thanks, i'll take a look at the ones you mentioned
lol
I think you're right about you @$$ and using them :)~ there's an optimal use for every piece of equipment :D

lol
I think you're right about you @$$ and using them :)~ there's an optimal use for every piece of equipment :D

LOL!! I've tried it, and everything looked like crap! Ok, so i'll go home and try again! I'm sure there is def. an optimal use for every peace of equiptment... if i can figure out how to use it! :confused: At least i can admit it right! I'll keep you posted! hahahah!!

LOL!! I've tried it, and everything looked like crap! Ok, so i'll go home and try again! I'm sure there is def. an optimal use for every peace of equiptment... if i can figure out how to use it! :confused: At least i can admit it right! I'll keep you posted! hahahah!!
what are your camera settings?

@ Matt and Keith

Thanks, I'll try that too! I didn't think of that!

what are your camera settings?

honestly.. no clue, I got it home and just started playing with it at home with the kids... I'm gonna slap it on tonight when i get home and see what i can come up with! Should i have it at a "certain" setting when using it?? I thought you'd have to adjust it to the situation, no?? Or am i just an ass again!? :D

Yes, You should adjust settings to situation.
you and your @$$ :) LOL

I understand $ is always tight, but look into sb600 at least. with D90, you can CLS it and have a great time doing it.

You are right, adjust to the situation. Experiment and have fun.
I would start off by putting the camera in auto, press halfway on the shutter to see what setting the camera would use for the ambient light.
Then switch to manual mode and stop down because you know there is more light coming.
Take a shot and adjust from there. You end up taking 4 or 5 shots before you get even close. Just keep playing with it. You can have a lot of fun with slave flashes and get a lot of cool effects.

Here is a link to a tutorial David Ziser has on using a slave for portraits that I think is really cool.

Viddler.com - Recession Flash - Poor Man's Lighting Set Up - Uploaded by ziser

Thanks Guys!! ;) Totally appreciate the input! (me and my ass!) :lol:

And Keith thanks for the link!!

Most reactions

New Topics

Back