flash

W.Smith said:
They ain't THINKING! 'Cause it doesn't add any useful light, while draining the batteries FAST.
They ain't LEARNING! 'Cause next time they do exactly the same thing although they never actually see any added value in using the flash in the stadium.

'Nitwits' is a kind description...

I think it'll be alright.

If you're that concerned about it, buy some stock in batteries and cheer them on.

core_17 said:
...and maybe they really don't care. They just want to take a picture. Some people aren't interested in learning more about photography. They just enjoy doing exactly what they do now. That doesn't make you better than them.

well, it makes him better as a photographer, but not as a human being, that is what you wanted to say :mrgreen:

i think we cannot generalise here anyway, there are people doing point and shoot without knowing anything ... then they compare their photos with other people'S photos and are disappointed ... many of them want to learn, but some of those don't have the patience then to really improve.

there is also another huge crowd who either do not care about the difference, or even do not see it at all! The latter group is larger than you would expect. Many of the pro's private clients fall into that category, so lots of effort is in vain I suppose ;)

Afaik, this forum is about photography. Not about human rights or social mores.

W.Smith said:
Afaik, this forum is about photography. Not about human rights or social mores.

And the fact that this is a photography forum means we can trash those that don't know any better...why??? :scratch:

I can have a chuckle about silly mistakes amateurs make as much as the next person...but calling them demeaning names and acting as if they are inferior human beings??? Sorry, but that's just rude and uncalled for.

could everyone please calm down :)

I do understand W. Simth's feeleings, and I myself do cringe when I see what can be seen often. But then I tell myself that they probably live on a different planet than I do ... so i do not interfere with what they are doing unless i realise they are unhappy about their results.

core_17 said:
And the fact that this is a photography forum means we can trash those that don't know any better...why??? :scratch:

noone is trashed for not knowing ... and I could not find anythying like that in any posts here ... there is just some uproar about people refusing to think/learn, and that I can understand (though it does not help anyone to trouble your mind about people who do not care, it is their choice and their right not to care ;) )

I can have a chuckle about silly mistakes amateurs make as much as the next person...but calling them demeaning names and acting as if they are inferior human beings??? Sorry, but that's just rude and uncalled for.

WTF was the only swearword I could find above ... no names called. it just sounded a bit ... unfriendly ;)

back to the original post... my guess is the guy does have learning to do... and thats exactly why he didn't realise the flash would'nt help him.... but he would then LEARN HIMSELF that it doesn't effect his pictures at that range... so he is not a nitwit or anything else... he is simply less experienced, that fact that someone can walk along, see he has an expensive camera and presume he is trying to look professional is that persons problem. ;)

Oh , and that is not my only problem .. but my other problems really don't belong on this forum ;)

Most reactions

New Topics

Back