Flashes

dataz722

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos OK to edit
I am looking for information about flashes. I am trying to learn what I need to know about them and how to properly use them. I am looking for just relatively basic flashes. Not the big expensive studio flashes, just something along the lines of Nikon's speedlights. I'm not expecting anyone to break it down for me (if you want to I would be more than happy to read it) I am just mainly looking for someone that has some good sites or articles on the basics. Thanks.

That should keep me busy for a while. Thanks a ton. :D

I have been doing the same recently. I would invest in good batteries.. The 2700 mAH GE Sanyo NIMH have made all the difference in the world to me... Unless you dont mind waiting 5 seconds between shots. Im pretty new but that one thing helps alot with flash photography for me. -Adam

I am looking for information about flashes. I am trying to learn what I need to know about them and how to properly use them. I am looking for just relatively basic flashes. Not the big expensive studio flashes, just something along the lines of Nikon's speedlights. I'm not expecting anyone to break it down for me (if you want to I would be more than happy to read it) I am just mainly looking for someone that has some good sites or articles on the basics. Thanks.

It would be helpful to know what system.

"I am looking for information about flashes. I am trying to learn what I need to know about them and how to properly use them. I am looking for just relatively basic flashes. Not the big expensive studio flashes, just something along the lines of Nikon's speedlights. I'm not expecting anyone to break it down for me (if you want to I would be more than happy to read it) I am just mainly looking for someone that has some good sites or articles on the basics. Thanks."
It would be helpful to know what system.

He did say the brand....if you missed it

to the OP, What Samanax gave you is darn good...I really cant top it...all I can say is that along the lines of flashes, the Nikon SB-600 and SB-800 are great flashes, Id recomend either.

Is the SB900 that much better to make it worth the price difference?

To me not really. But it really depnds onwhat you are wanting to shoot and, where you plan on using it. I have the SB600 and love it, it does what I need when I need it. The SB800s can now only be bought used and, are still up there in price. You might try asking the wether the price is worth it or not in the flash and lighting section or, look in there.

Most reactions

Back