Flashlight Tag - C&C

TheBoombaGnome

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos OK to edit
A couple buddies and myself went out today and found the darkest wall we could find...We took two flashlights (which, I must admit, weren't as direct as I had hoped for), and we got some really cool long exposure shots...let me know what you guys think.

4522160747_4f482c3bc3.jpg

4522160783_eb4e80c4e4.jpg

4522160801_14a176ac68.jpg

4522204017_31cf50ab0f.jpg

^^ We took a light-up Moosejaw Frisbee and just threw it back and forth for 30 seconds :)

The only editing I had to do to these was to crop out the useless ground/white siding on the top of building and to straighten them out, because apparently the ground there wasn't very level. I just used the clone tool in PS to tighten up around the edges, which were eventually covered with a black border that you cannot even really see.

Let me know what you guys think. We didn't have any chalk or anything, so we kind of had to eye-ball all of the writing. Do you guys have any suggestions as to what we could use to mark things out that isn't totally illegal? We thought about sharpies and then realized that that would be defacing public property...:thumbdown:

Last edited:
Did this photo project give you a greater appreciation for the art of cursive writing? So sad no one uses it anymore...

Looks like you had fun. I'd think chalk would be OK as long as you took a sponge and wiped it clean afterwards.

Did this photo project give you a greater appreciation for the art of cursive writing? So sad no one uses it anymore...

Looks like you had fun. I'd think chalk would be OK as long as you took a sponge and wiped it clean afterwards.

It really did. I wish that I would've had the chance to write everything. But this was slightly tricked. I had my P&S Panasonic Lumix camera set to "Starry Night" mode, so that it would do longer exposures. The longest self-timer it has is like 10 seconds and we were a distance away. I actually had a notebook with us so that we could remember HOW to write half of that stuff in Cursive the right way!!!

We realized the chalk thing, and then we realized it was 1:00 A.M. and we were college students - we havn't used chalk since about 6th grade!! :lmao:

It really was a fun little project. We're actually thinking of going back out this weekend with more lights, more people, and a bigger wall :)

Just out of curiosity where is that wall.

That's actually at the University of Liggit Ice Arena in Grosse Pointe Woods. Its right up the street from all of my buddies and I...

He failed because he forgot how to do a cursive O...but we just figured we'd shoot a little Detroit pride :) We're going back out this weekend at another wall with more people and more lights...should be interesting...

So we went out again tonight.....:thumbup::thumbup::thumbup:

Me and a friend of mine went up to the school by us and tied some glowsticks to that thing that spins around w/ handles around it...I'm not sure what it's called but it makes you really effing dizzy spinning around and around...but the product was SO worth it...let me know what you guys think!!

4542784432_55e695b85c.jpg

4542784188_66013a3379.jpg

I like the second one better only because of the simple fact that you can kind of make out his face through the light...it's pretty trippy.

I did a little bit of work on it to bring down the lights behind it all, and boost the lights...but I think it worked out really well...
Both of the original images were taken with a Panasonic Lumix DMC-LZ7, f/2.8, 15 Second Exposure, ISO-100 and zero Exposure bias

Most reactions

New Topics

Back