Flashpoint 320m issues

kkendall

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos OK to edit
I set up my 3 flashpoint 320m I ordered and finally got to play with for the 1st time. I experimented with my impact 45" umbrellas as a shoot through and bouncing with the black backing installed. I had several issues with the strobes not firing with the sensor. I went to use the pc sync and soon found out the 60d doesn't have one. I had 2 yongnuo Rf602 so I mounted one on the hotshoe and the other on one light to pc sync and that would fire my main and fill light but no background light. So my question is should I buy 4 yongnuo Rf603ii transmitters since I read they sync to 1/320 where the 602 is 1/250 or go another route?

Radio triggers are definitely the best way to go IMO, but since your camera's maximum sync speed is 1/250, then buying a trigger which has the ability to sync at 1/320 is a waste. As for your fill light not firing, is the optical sensor switched on?

yes i checked all the settings on the light and could hold the camera close to the light and get it to fire on the sensor setting, looks like radio triggers it is, wish i had the $$ for pocket wizards

I had three Flashpoint 320M strobes and used the Phottix Ares wireless transmitter and 3 Phottix Ares receivers... this setup worked great for me.

I had three Flashpoint 320M strobes and used the Phottix Ares wireless transmitter and 3 Phottix Ares receivers... this setup worked great for me.
I have flashpoint 620 & 320, a yognuo flash and a neewer, which I pair with either my Sony or Nikon, all combinations have paired well at the Phottix Ares transmitters and receivers. I've had them a few years now I believe (time flies you know) and they've been reliable!

Most reactions

Back