Hi Brad
Again.
We "just met" in the Introductions...
How do you define "flatspace" photography? This is the first time I hear the expression and can only guess from your work what that might be. (Likewise I only learned about "high key" photography on here, for example, so this
is a great place to learn things!!!)
Of the two, I much prefer the second, the centralised pole does not speak that much to me, in that photo I would have preferred it to be a bit more on the lefthand side (I think, I'm not sure, though) to be leading in a kind of curve out to the more distant poles. But the second is really nice with its texture, colour and light and shadows. Have you ever tried cropping off the bits of sky to the left and right of the roof to see what it looks like then?