Flickr Pro????

leopardforest

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
So I have just started using Flickr and have I do like it but I just realised that you can only have three sets for free. Along with the fact that you can only upload 100MB per month. So is it worth it to pay for the pro? Or are there better sites out there??

Thanks!!

here, technically ;)

but still, for all its popularity, flickr's a quality site. I love it, and as Sky said, the difference isn't drastic between free and pro...I just got to 200 shots and wanted more sets, and it's worth the money.

i've been on flickr for a year or so, but never really got into it. Haven't been back for a while so i might have a look and see what's changed

I'd say it's worth it. I mean, the difference isn't drastic, but it's only $25 a year. Flickr is my favorite site to post photos to. It's nicely designed IMO, and has a good community.

I know what you mean. I am addicted to that site. I post alot of my photos on there.

However,this site is still better for learning anything you need to know about photography.

These are the only two photography sites I go on.

I use photobucket.
the thing I have noticed about flicr is that all of the pictures on here linked from there have no EXIF data in them. Photo bucket leaves that attached to the pics.

I have had a Flickr pro account for over a year. When the time came to Re-Subscribe I opted to sign up for 2 years.
I also have a account on Deviant Art but I have stopped using it and stick to Flickr. I especially like the web uploader tool for Flickr, I don't even have to fire-up the browser to uploaded photos, I can do it right from my photo folders.

I have used flikr and have a quick upload for it, but prefer the ease of Photobucket and uploading link in Flock and the quick copying of the link for posting. When posting multiple images, I open the forum in Firefox and the images in Flock, a double click on the image strip below the toolbar in flock opens it - click on the link copies it ready to drop in your post already open in Firefox. Saves a lot of backtracking.

I forgot to mention Flock in relation to Photobucket!
Love it !

flickr's ok... great for mass uploads would be better with more sets :/ i dont know if you're into it/use it a lot then go for it otherwise i dont see the bother

Most reactions

Back