Bonds

GoM

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos NOT OK to edit
Not sure what to make of it, now that it's happened and he has the record.

I guess as I'm not really immersed into US sport in the way a native of that country would be, I don't really understand that reaction. To me he just seems like a bloke who hits a ball with a stick (a lot). Having said that, everytime his name comes up on the news, it always comes with the tag line "whose career has been dogged by accusations of drug taking".

My sleep pattern won't change one bit. On one hand, it takes skill to hit a baseball. Steroids don't help with that. However, they can help you hit a ball farther. My opinion? I don't care all that much. I do like watching baseball on TV on occasion, though.

I guess as I'm not really immersed into US sport in the way a native of that country would be, I don't really understand that reaction. To me he just seems like a bloke who hits a ball with a stick (a lot). Having said that, everytime his name comes up on the news, it always comes with the tag line "whose career has been dogged by accusations of drug taking".

The reaction is because the "drug taking" is referring to steroids. He didn't get the record, all the **** he's been pumping into his body to give him an unfair advantage has the record.

While watching Tom Glavine's 300th win (im a huge Mets fan) the announcer said this..

"Actually, the second batter Glavine has faced when he first started pitching in the majors was Barry Bonds.. and, he hit him!.. .. Then ontop of that, he picked him off first"

me and my brother were laughing histerically..

While watching Tom Glavine's 300th win (im a huge Mets fan) the announcer said this..

"Actually, the second batter Glavine has faced when he first started pitching in the majors was Barry Bonds.. and, he hit him!.. .. Then ontop of that, he picked him off first"

me and my brother were laughing histerically..

That just might be the greatest thing I've ever heard in my life.

I was laughing during the whole game, and my brother, being older then me, was like.. okay jesse, its done and over.. common now, then he laughed cause it was so funny.. (i overly laugh, i get alot of joy outta things).. I always bring good times were-ever i go :)

We wait another 33 years until the next one beats his record perhaps?
A-Rod is on track to surpass the record in a few years.

It's quite sad, but drugs have been a part of baseball for quite a long time. Steroids, HGH (human growth hormones) and other performance enhancing substances have (and probably are still) being used by many of the players. The testing has been nonexistent or quite pitiful and they still aren't allowed to do blood tests.

Amphetamines, speed, greenies....have been commonplace for a long time. Many club house dressing rooms have had 'leaded' and 'unleaded' coffee (and we are not talking about decaf).

Most reactions

Back