Flickr?

MrSmith

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos OK to edit
Hey all, I Recently started shooting with my DSLR and was wondering if you could take a look at my pictures and comment on a few with how to make it a better shot and what's good and what's bad?

Flickr: MrSmith075's Photostream

That's my Flickr, If you could spare a few minutes to look through them, it would be greatly appreciated.

Many thanks,

In general the pictures are properly exposed with correct WB. IMO some of the subjects (close-ups in the yard) are not interesting. The landscape pictures are your best. I love the out the window plane pictures too.The watermelon and jars pictures pop out at me as good pictures as well. If you like taking insect pictures a macro lens would help.

Now go check out my Flickr and tell me what you think!

In general the pictures are properly exposed with correct WB. IMO some of the subjects (close-ups in the yard) are not interesting. The landscape pictures are your best. I love the out the window plane pictures too.The watermelon and jars pictures pop out at me as good pictures as well. If you like taking insect pictures a macro lens would help.

Now go check out my Flickr and tell me what you think!

Thanks for the info, I'm still a beginner and so I Havent built up a lot of photos yet so obviously some are gonna be rubbish :)
I Have a macro lens (60-300mm) the only trouble with it is that it's manual focus, so it can sometimes be a bit unpredictable :/ The cricket and the butterfly photos were taken with it though.

I'm not a huge fan of HDR, but your's are very nice! Mind telling me how you did it? the usual 3 or more exposures i'm guessing? What software did you use for them?
The Burnt woods and reflections are incredible! and your portrait shots are very nice!
You're shot of the boulder field is brilliant, where did you take it?
Ooh, just come across your Chair photos, very very nice :)

P.S, Sorry for putting this in the wrong category, i wasnt sure where to put it :/

Thank you for the comments. I like to take 5 exposures for HDR and combine them in Photomatix. I use LR3 for further global adjustments. I really don't think they are good but thanks!

Boulder field is in Hickory Run state park in PA. Very interesting area.

Like you I appreciate the feedback. I really enjoy this forum which gives us the oppurtunity to do this. Goodluck with your photography! I look forward to seeing more of your work.

Most reactions

Back