TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Looking upwards over Wiltshire UK with Pentax istD

usaf.jpg

Pentax istD
Sigma 70-300DL @ 300/5.6

tr0gd0o0r said:
what do you think of the istD?
I really like this camera. its the first digi and the most highly spec'd camera I have ever used and I have to say it took some time getting to grips with. A few of the features a little fiddly but over all I am very impressed. How about you?

mad_malteaser said:
That's a superb shot. How did you go about achieving this?
The shot was taken using Pentax istD camera with a Sigma 70 - 300 zoom lens at 300mm (with the digital sensor magnification factor of approx 1:1.5 coming into play the effective focal length here was approx 450mm). Hand held and then a few slight tweaks in photoshop to balance levels and contrast.

i really like my istD except for a few little things that bother me. Mainly it seems to be pretty soft a lot of the time. (unsharp mask does wonders on that though.) And the card can be a little difficult to get out, but you'll work out a system for that. Other than those little things I love it. It can produce some wonderful colors and digital is so flexible (took over 400 shots at an event this weekend.)

tr0gd0o0r said:
i really like my istD except for a few little things that bother me. Mainly it seems to be pretty soft a lot of the time.

As far as the softness goes I dont think this is the camera for someone who wants to just point - shoot- insert card into printer - press button & print. The images all tend to need a little post processing. I do think though that with the correct approach the istD produces extremely sharp results.

Most reactions

Back