Flood photos

dhphotonef

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos NOT OK to edit
I have been trying to get a lot more depth out of my photos. Here are a few I just worked on. What do you guys like? Anything you would do differently? Thanks so much!

Attachments

• 5pointsmangreentruck-.jpg
    5pointsmangreentruck-.jpg
    172.7 KB · Views: 181
  • bluemercedesoil-.jpg
    bluemercedesoil-.jpg
    142.8 KB · Views: 159
  • bmwinwaterBW.jpg
    bmwinwaterBW.jpg
    142.6 KB · Views: 156
  • cameramanandreporter-.jpg
    cameramanandreporter-.jpg
    174.2 KB · Views: 175
  • tallpinescanoeweb-.jpg
    tallpinescanoeweb-.jpg
    161.1 KB · Views: 142
What type of photos are you trying for? News, art, documentary, scenic, forensic, insurance?

What type of photos are you trying for? News, art, documentary, scenic, forensic, insurance?

i suppose these are a mix. the shot of the guys in the boat would be aimed at more of a news or documentary type of photojournalism. the others are more on the art side. theres a lot of others from the events; i just wanted to share these because they are the ones i've done most recently.

what do you mean 'depth'?

depth as in doing more with dodging and burning individual elements, sharpening, etc. in the photo to get as far away from a flat image as possible

All of these look quite nice and certainly are instructive about what happened. The first one, of the theater marquee, is less informative.
The only thing I would suggest is, in the one with the car (second row, first column) that there be more water in front and less sky. That would give it more feeling of isolation.

That empty sky doesn't add anything.

upload_2016-10-16_16-53-33.png

All of these look quite nice and certainly are instructive about what happened. The first one, of the theater marquee, is less informative.
The only thing I would suggest is, in the one with the car (second row, first column) that there be more water in front and less sky. That would give it more feeling of isolation.

That empty sky doesn't add anything.

View attachment 128831

That is a great point. The sky was initially almost completely blown out so the attempt at keeping some cloud detail was what I was going for but I do see your point as far as the feeling of isolation goes. Thank you very much for 1. responding and 2. creating that example

Most reactions

New Topics

Back