Floral Love

Saravin

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Website
www.countryphoto.proboards.com
Can others edit my Photos
Photos NOT OK to edit
One of my favourite subjects is photography of Flowers, here are some from my collection
DSC_0002-2.jpg

DSC_0004-3.jpg

DSC_0007-4.jpg

DSC_0008-6.jpg

DSC_0009-5.jpg

DSC_0020-6.jpg

DSC_0023-6.jpg

DSC_0024-4.jpg

DSC_0027-2.jpg

DSC_0029-1.jpg

Sorry, but the majority of these missed focus. 5 and 6 are the only ones that look like the focus is in the correct spot, the rest look very soft. As far as composition, the first is my favorite, although I think a crop where it were moved to the left would have looked much more composed. Have to be careful when working with such a shallow DOF, perhaps try closing your aperture a bit more?

I would also suggest these tips:
1. Use a tripod when you can, this will enable you to eliminate all camera shake - use the timer and let go
2. If no tripod, try continuous shooting - I found when hand-holding, that my first shot with the shutter press was the most blurry
3. Avoid shooting in any sort of breeze so you can use a slower shutter speed
4. Single-point AF - pick your auto focus point so you can focus exactly where you want (or use manual focus)
5. Take the same shot at multiple apertures - difficult to tell until you look at them on a screen which DOF will look the best in each setting
6. Don't be afraid to manipulate your environment - blow dust off the petals, etc. In #1, the green leaf that's broken through the petals detracts from the image

Last edited:
Agree that most are out of focus. #6 is the sharpest of the bunch so what you did there worked best.

Most reactions

New Topics

Back