Flower in B&W

Hey Bitter, I will give that a try in the morning :)

Ok so here is the suggested crop along with the full image I'm cropping from.
I took some flower out bottom right to keep more stem.
I think this one is closer but still there is still a little je ne sais quoi missing...

Full Image

Suggested crop

And one more crop that is a maybe? (or maybe I need more coffee lol)

I like it better without the flower at the bottom.

Thanks for the suggestion, I do like it gone too but the whole still isn't quite there yet.

There is a bunch of awesome C&C here so
I shall reshoot and see what we end up with ;)

So today was the last clear sky for a few days so I went out at a different time of day and at the same time of day and tried again. I think I've stared at this concept too long doing it two days in a row so I will be moving on to other things and leaving it for a while after this lol.

I think these came a bit closer to the mark but lost a bit of the character from the first set... or I've stared at them too long lol.

These are the best of the bunch.

I still like the second original picture the best. I think because you challenged yourself, it made the picture even better. Anyone here can take a picture of a flower but you still managed to make it look just as beautiful in B&W. Awesome shots. :)

Thanks fraction :)
I think you touched on an important point, the second shot felt a little forced and perhaps too thought out while I was shooting it.

Flowers, being inherently colorful, demand color photographs. But this one works in B&W! I like it. I prefer the second crop. The first feels crowded to me.

I think #6 is the best so far. It's very good - feels alive and dynamic and immediate. I can imagine myself as a mouse, eagerly exploring this fantastic world of tall flowers.

You might want to check your sensor for dust. I could be mistaken, but I think I see a few specks in #7.

Oops, I missed these replies, sorry!
Thanks Fiz and Jaemie.
Jaemie, my sensor is definitely still very dirty and that makes me sad :( I've been trying to fit the cleaning kit into the budget for a while, hopefully soon!

Most reactions

Back