Flower pictures for C&C

Ashleigh80

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos OK to edit

I like #1 but I do believe it is a tad underexposed...as for the other 2 what do you folks think ?

#1 does look underexposed and soft. Either due to camera shake or missed the focus.

#2 and 3 are better. I'm not sure what the capabilities are of the camera(s) you have, but I say keep going. I have hundreds of flower pictures that I used to learn with. Don't listen to the people who say flower shots are cliche :p

I like #1! The flower looks like it was made out of cloth and neatly folded into the shape of a flower. It does seem a bit out of focus.

#2 is my favorite. There is a blur along the outside edges that make it feel like a spiral pulling you into the focus of the flowers in the middle. Neat! :thumbup: Only 1 downside to #2, the yellow flowers in the upper left are a tad distracting.

#3 I like the colors of the flowers but it's lacking anything to draw the focus in. Might be better composed differently but the looking straight down doesn't seem to work for that one.

I am so looking forward to spring/summer in the uk, i have some really nice hanging baskets that i cant wait to shoot.

#2 is my fav but i think i might like it more if the crop was a bit tighter.

Thanks a lot folks...I will take all the advice you gave me and hopefully next time I do a flower shoot it will be even better.

Hi Ashleigh,

Your second shot is really nice. The color and focus are great. #3 would have been better if there was some more light on the center flower but the color is good.

Thank you very much.....I just can't wait until spring and get rid of all this snow :(

glad to see you still posting ashleigh.

i like the 2nd shot best. like the bit of yellow in the picture myself. focus is a bit soft but its still pleasing to the eye.

I enjoy #2 most as well. Though I feel it would benefit from a larger DOF.

When I do flower shots I try to think about how to make them unique. People love to take pictures of flowers, this means for a flower picture to catch someones attention it has to really pop and be spot on. You really have to do something unique with flowers to catch someones attention

Most reactions

New Topics

Back