Flowers! C&C appreciated

Do'Urden's Eyes

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos NOT OK to edit
I originally put this in the Nature/wild life gallery to no avail...
so maybe its more suited for here! tell me what you guys think!

IMG_2641bb.jpg

It is a tad dark for my tastes. I do like the red on the black backround though but, if the flower was brighter it would make it more dramatic.

i think this shot is cool...not a typical flower shot, with, dare i say, an evil twist?...
im diggin it.

I like that you have a tack sharp focus, but the picture itself is too dark, and I don't think the red is helping it any. As SrBiscuit said it has an evil twist and to me... flowers and evil don't mix well...

Actually, I think it's a great contrast to the standard issue bright flowery shots people usually have.

Just because it's dark doesn't mean it has to be 'evil' at all. Perhaps it's showing that beauty can prevail in spite of darkness.

As is the case with most things, it's simply a matter of perspective, and your mileage may vary :wink:

Well to tell you the truth originally with that shot i blew out most of the intense colour in the centre of the flower. But i darkened it a bit a recovered some of the detail. And yeah, i really liked the contrast and the fact that the only colour present were red and black which happen to be my favourites.

It's an interesting take on the flower close-up. I would also say that it is a little bit too dark for my liking, but other than that it is really nice to look at.

flowers and evil don't mix well...

unless, of course, you like evil pics ;)

honestly, i vote you slap it under some black matting, and put it in a nice frame.:thumbup:

I like it! I even like evil flower shots! But as others have stated above, just a lil bit too dark, even for an evil flower.

honestly, i vote you slap it under some black matting, and put it in a nice frame.:thumbup:

haha its funny because i was at a photoshop the other day and that was exactly what i was thinking!

It's way too dark and I don't like the depth-of-field the focus seems like it is in the wrong place.

Well i intended the focus to be there, i was working with F3.0 i think so it WAS pretty shallow. however i guess i couldve stopped it down a bit and gained the ideal DOF

My moniter my also make it look brighter... im gonna print out a sample copy to see if it IS just my moniter thats over shooting that.

Most reactions

Back