Flowers C&C

CyclonePWR

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos OK to edit
These were shoot indoor with side light coming through the window. I dont know how much I like them but see what you guys think.

C&C please.

IMG_0944_1.jpg

IMG_0954_1.jpg

IMG_0954_11.jpg

Last edited:
They would look better if they were a little sharper. Cool shots though.

I would like the first one a lot better if it were more focused.

You don't have enough depth of focus to focus on everything, so you need to find your subject and focus on it. (It also looks like you have enough light to use a wider aperture and get a deeper DOF. Tripod required.) The last one, your focus is on the nearest tips of the petals. Not nearly as interesting as it would be if you focused down inside the flower. - TF

First thanks for the comments.

I did use a tripod on these minus maybe the last one. What do you guys mean sharper? I sharpened them to the max with the software that came with the camera and turned the sharpness up on the camera.

See I think most of my pictures don't look that sharp and Idk why. Maybe its the focus? Could it be my lens? I also seem to get a lot of noise.

Yeah i mainly meant the focus, like the focus isnt sharp. Sorry for not being clear about it. And for the noise what iso setting were you using?

looks good but i think the lighting is a little harsh, maybe if you had something to soften the light coming through the window like a white sheet.

Looking at #3, one can easily see the plane of focus: the dark stamen within the flower and the top edge of the rightmost petal are in focus.

Tripod, smallest possible aperture [largest possible f number] and the appropriate shutter speed will do wonders, as will avoiding over-enlarging the image.

Interesting that 'still life' work can be instructive for both the painter and the shutterbug, no?

Yeah but I was trying to blur the background, if i use large Fstop that wont work.

These were shot with either ISO 100 or 200. I think 200 bc I used high tone. I usually try to shoot with 100.

Yeah but I was trying to blur the background, if i use large Fstop that wont work.

These were shot with either ISO 100 or 200. I think 200 bc I used high tone. I usually try to shoot with 100.

Thats true, in that case just make sure you focus on the right spot.

Yeah that's what I seem to have trouble with is getting good focus. You guys have any tips with that?

The lens should be focused on what you want our eyes to be drawn to. Decide before you shoot if you want only one particular thing in focus, if so use a large aperture (small number), and either manually focus on the specific subject, or use spot AF to focus on it. Or, if you want a whole scene in focus, use a large aperture number. But the first step of focus is seeing with your eyes what you want to focus on, then doing it with the camera.

Yeah I know what you told me. I try to pick a subject and adjust the focus until I see the edges of the subject the sharpest or the greatest contrast. Maybe I just need more practice.

Most reactions

Back