...flu

Josh66

Been spending a lot of time on here!
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos NOT OK to edit
Man, I feel like crap. I have the flu, and have to go to work tomorrow...

I've been drinkg lots of DayQuill (about to start in on the NyQuill), and tea...

Not that much water, just for tablets... Gatorade... Nothing but Gatorade. Stay away from milk and OJ... If you have Vicks Vapor Rub to use at night. Rub it on your chest and back, wrap a towel around you neck while you sleep with the vicks. Don't forget to wipe off the vicks in the morning when you wake up. Cough drops Ricola or Halls. Drink a glass of Gatorade every hour..... You'll live in the bathroom but it works. Oh and lots of chicken soup... home made.

Oh I hope you feel a lot better soon hun ... If not honey it's time for the Dr. some anti-biotics 4 day dosage.

What, you don't get sick days? Pumping yourself full of medication and stressing your body can only lengthen the term of the sickness and make it worse.

Stayed home...

What, you don't get sick days?
Not till June.

Luckily, I had so much overtime the last few weeks, that I won't really be missing any time.

Any tips on something to make my nose better? It's pretty much rubbed raw.

I'm trying Neosporin right now, but it doesn't seem to be doing anything. Maybe some diaper rash cream?

I pretty much have the fever under control, can't get it below 100 though. Better than it was...at least now I don't feel "high" all the time.

I did manage to make it to the store today. Stocked up on gatorade, dayquill, nyquill, halls, and theraflu, got some more tea too (green tea, which I don't usually drink - but I hear it's good for this). Forgot the vapor rub, if I venture back out tomorrow (I do need groceries...) I'll pick some up.

Vaseline will help with your nose, also so will Solarcaine, has a mild anesthetic in it which will numb you up some. Commonly used for sunburn but has hundreds of other uses.

For the fever, tylenol is the best thing for you. 1 gram three times a day. If you can't take that use ibuprofen 800mg three times a day.

That's probably about how much I'm talking. One dose (30ml) of dayquill has 750mg of acetaminophen, I've been doing that every 4 hours, plus a 500mg tylenol as I feel I need it.

I'll try the vaseline, and if I go to the store tomorrow I'll look for the Solarcaine (is that a brand name, or an ingredient?).

Had 3 days off with the flu this week. Good thing about my company is that they didn't want me in to ensure that I didn't give it to everybody else there.

They're like that at my job too, mostly.

One place I worked made everyone so scared to call in that eventually the entire shop would be sick.

Most reactions

Back