What's new

Flying Shark Teeth

JonK

I want MORE!!
Joined
May 19, 2005
Messages
3,568
Reaction score
140
Location
Manitoba, Canada
Can others edit my Photos
Photos NOT OK to edit
Old pic but I think the BW conversion really suits it. What do you think?
Colour version posted in Themes --->Aviation and Aircraft

66836807_d518f69534_o.jpg


Scanned from a 4x6 print!
 
I haven't seen the color one, but the b/w conversion is great! And it's scanned?...good job. The black and white separation is strong and the image is crisp. :thumbup:
 
Nice! Its a P-51 Mustang. Where did you shoot it? Have not seen a bare metal one with a sharksmouth.

Eric
 
AIRIC said:
Nice! Its a P-51 Mustang. Where did you shoot it? Have not seen a bare metal one with a sharksmouth.

Eric
Well...I did say it was an old shot. took it at the Flying Legends Air Show at Duxford, England back in 1998.
Duxford was one of many airbases in england during the second world war and now houses the Duxford Imperial War Museum. Impressive display of old warbirds.
So I suppose this P-51 could be based in the UK.
Did some research in the programme from the show...apparently this P-51 is part of their active fighter collection

Thanks for your comments woodsac! I was quite pleased with the scan. Thankfully the original print was sharp and well exposed as well as printed properly! :D
 
Great job! I like the contrast. Was expecting at P-40, yeah definately haven't seen a P-51 with a tiger shark paint job.
 
Yes! Love the conversion. I really like the crop also. Very crisp and clean lookin JonK.:thumbup:
 
Thanks you guys:D appreciate you looking in.
 

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Log in

Already have an account? Log in here.

Back
Top Bottom