What's new

Focus of these 3 pics

goodguy

Been spending a lot of time on here!
Joined
Dec 5, 2012
Messages
5,555
Reaction score
1,121
Location
Toronto Canada
Can others edit my Photos
Photos OK to edit
Got my Nikon D7K from Nikon Service and I shot these 3 pics.
Not a work of art just want to check the focus, want your feedback.
I used my 50mm prime and my new 24-85 3.4-4.5 VR

Please let me know what you think as I need to know if Nikon did a good work on it.

50mm prime F1.8

1-3_zps68337e16.jpg


50mm prime (focused on the eye F1.8)

2-3_zps278e936c.jpg


85mm F4.5

3-1_zps1859577f.jpg
 
Nikon's AF 50 mm f/1.8D is not at it's sharpest when used wide open at f/1.8.

Stop it down at least 2 full stops.
 
Last edited:
Nikon's AF 50 mm f/1.8D is not at it's sharpest when used wide open at f/1.8.

Stop is down at least 2 full stops.
Didnt know that, thats a great feedback I will sure to remember and use :)

Over all would you say the camera looks like its ok now ?

I think it looks MUCH, MUCH better but you guys are experts so your feedback is important.

Thanks :)
 
The 'stop down at least 2 stops' applies to most fast prime lenses.

Without 'before' images, who can tell if there was any improvement.
 
Didnt know that, thats a great feedback I will sure to remember and use :)

You have been told that before, but you may not remember it: http://www.thephotoforum.com/forum/nikon/319721-call-help-my-nikon-d7000-focusing.html#post2887444

Over all would you say the camera looks like its ok now ?

I think it looks MUCH, MUCH better but you guys are experts so your feedback is important.

Thanks :)
Comparing the goose to the photo in This Topic I really don't see a lot of difference, but at f/1.8 I wouldn't expect them to be razor sharp.
 
Didnt know that, thats a great feedback I will sure to remember and use :)

You have been told that before, but you may not remember it: http://www.thephotoforum.com/forum/nikon/319721-call-help-my-nikon-d7000-focusing.html#post2887444

Over all would you say the camera looks like its ok now ?

I think it looks MUCH, MUCH better but you guys are experts so your feedback is important.

Thanks :)
Comparing the goose to the photo in This Topic I really don't see a lot of difference, but at f/1.8 I wouldn't expect them to be razor sharp.

I must have missed that, I was really upset then.
You guys nailed me for other pictures as well when I shot in different F stops and different lenses.
Nikon's tech said the camera was misaligned so I am sure they know what they were saying.
Tomorrow I will try to take my time and your advises, take some nice pictures and hope this time my camera and I will get it right.

The weather is improving and the snow is melting in Toronto so I am itching to go out and get some really nice pictures outside.

Again thank you all for your great feedback and constructive criticism, I am learning here a lot!!!
You guys are awsome :hail:
 

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Log in

Already have an account? Log in here.

Back
Top Bottom