Focus problems with fisheye lens.

mal

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Website
www.keeprolling.co.uk
I recently started using a 0.5x wide angle lens for some skating shots, and I haven't yet been able to take a crisp, in focus shot with it using the auto focus. Every photo seems to be slightly 'soft', which is really frustrating. I'm using a Fujifilm S20 Pro, and the lens requires that the camera is set to full macro mode in order to work properly. Could it be that the macro mode has such a small depth of field that it's impossible to get the whole of the skater in focus? In that case would a narrower aperture help?

hi,
im also using a wide angle (that i converted to a fisheye) and had focusing issues with, but when i set it to macro it works fine,
With skating you normally end up prelocking focus and exposure before it right, aiming for the spot the skater will be when you take it- this means the cameras focusing on nothing- so lock the focus on something close to where your shooting (if your in auto for correct exposure) but get a focus reading from somewhere about 2 metres from the camera,

experiment so you learn how to do the focusing- and if that dosent work shoot aperture priority at F5.6 or smaller- if you at an indoor park though that might be not enough for a decent shutter speed (indoor parks always have way to little light hay)
if you can get focus try takign the time to manual focus

Most reactions

Back