Focusing problems

blackworc

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos NOT OK to edit
How come my camera(nikon d40) with kit lens, cannot acheive focus when your really close to something. For example close up shot of the face and trying to focus on only the eye. How come I cannot get a clear focus, its always some what blurry ?

how close are you
try take a step back and see if it focuses then crop it post processing to get the appearance of being close

switch to manual focus and try that way too

Your lens has a minimum focusing distance, probably somewhere around half a meter. To do closeup shots you'll need a macro lens.

How come my camera(nikon d40) with kit lens, cannot acheive focus when your really close to something. For example close up shot of the face and trying to focus on only the eye. How come I cannot get a clear focus, its always some what blurry ?

Probably because you are closer than the closest focus of which your lens is capable.

Try what Rachel suggested.

If you want to try some closeup photography without spending a lot you could get a set of close up lenses. They don't give the best quality results but they can be cheap and allow you to decide if close up (macro) photography is a skill you'd like to develop.

The +1 and +2 diopter lenses don't cause too much image degradation.

Most reactions

New Topics

Back