Foggy Cross!

DGMPhotography

Been spending a lot of time on here!
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos OK to edit
Hi folks,

So it was foggy last night so I took the chance to take some photos of the local cathedral. There is a spotlight on the church that I thought looked really cool in the fog. Please don't evaluate this JUST based on the fact that it's in the fog because, yes, I know there isn't really indication that there's fog. So what do you think otherwise?

$DSC_0045_6_7_fused-2-3.JPG

And here is another one:
$DSC_0032-2.JPG
(I was dumb and set my f/stop really high so my shutter was too slow to the point of the leaves being blurred from movement... meh)

Thanks!

Last edited:
Yeah, I thought that was pretty cool too. Now I just need to find out how to actually make it apparent that there's fog!

Yeah, I thought that was pretty cool too. Now I just need to find out how to actually make it apparent that there's fog!

How does it not look like there is fog? Go shoot the same thing on a nit with out fog and you will notice the difference. Notice the large gray area around any light source, that's the light bouncing off the fog.

I think a night with a full moon and clouds would give you the look you want. The light from the moon would give the clouds the depth you may be trying to catch in the back of the cross without the moon in the pic. The fog is so even it gives the look of soft light. This is still a great pic. Please shoot it again would love to see what you can do with it. Your eye for the pic is incredible.

That's not the moon behind it. It's the building with a spotlight shining on it.

you missed the point the clouds may give you the degree of depth needed to create the difference between any objects in the photo.

Good luck with your photo.

Oh I see what you mean. Yeah, that would look better!

Most reactions

New Topics

Back