Foggy morning cottage

tb2

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
The sun was starting to break up the morning fog as I photographed this old derelict cottage.

Tony

For more info: http://photoreflect.blogspot.com/2008/09/chimneys-and-picturesque.html

Derelict-Cottage.jpg

That one's a jawdropper! It looks like a painting (and I mean that as a compliment, in case there was any doubt). The fog adds such great mood to the shot. And it was so interesting to read on your blog about the possible demise of chimneys. I agree, the photograph would be less interesting without them.

I always look forward to your interesting photographic finds.

Thanks Antarctican. I've shot this scene before, but never been happy with the outcome. The fog, and the sun for balance on the left, made for a better shot.

Regards, Tony

Thanks for the comments Molingneck & Puscas. And for the nomination too Molongneck!!

Regards, Tony

Beautiful. The lines formed by the sunlight hitting the vegetation in the foreground are the closest in photo that you'd ever get to a Van Gogh paintbrush stroke.

A gradient neutral density filter would have improved and added detail to the foreground. Since you did not use one, postprocessing of the foreground is necessary to make it a really effective shot.

skieur

nice picture and nice location..

ab. solutely. beautiful.

:thumbsup:

Thanks for the comments guys. Skieur - :lol:.

Regards, Tony

Its a great shot. Thanks for sharing it. I returned after a long time to TPF and was welcome by your beautiful photo. Thanks once again.

Most reactions

New Topics

Back