Foggy morning lake

Renol

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos OK to edit
Got out to a lake I was at on a church trip early morning to take advantage of the fog and got this shot. I've included a similar but unedited shot for comparison purposes.

Comments and/or critique are always encouraged.

Without further delay- the photos. First one is primary second is "reference".

I like it but wait, whats that, I can feel it.
Here comes the criticizm

Man there is some real interest there but it needs a bit of processing work. I think the composition will never be quite dead-on, but it's really close enough. Any chance you could put the original up somewhere for me to play with? Ideally a RAW if you have it?

comments:
B&W - almost haunting in a way

original - serene

no critiques from me since i have not a clue about what to do; too nooby.

Manaheim - I'll post up a link to a larger size unedited jpeg if you're interested, but not the full size or RAW. Nothing personal, just funny about giving out full rez images or RAWs to people I don't know personally. What kind of composition points are there that aren't quite perfect?

I can't do anything without a full-quality image (at least) or a RAW (ideally). No offense, but I'd be understating things rather significantly if I said I wasn't trying to steal your image. Only trying to help.

Compositionally for me, I like it, but it's a little empty on the left. If you were to crop it however, I don't think the birds would have enough room to fly... I think IDEALLY, the birds would be farther from that peninsula, but that's easy to say after the fact of course.

I would probably shoot for a little more contrast in the post processing. (just moving the white point a little in curves would do it for me)

Nice shot though!

I like #1 the best!

Most reactions

New Topics

Back