Foggy morning mountain view

JustJazzie

Been spending a lot of time on here!
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos OK to edit
I have always struggled with landscapes, so when nature presented me an awesome opportunity to practice the other morning, I jumped on it! I would love some C&C on this one.
15420474135_77da5874f2_c.jpg

I'm looking on my phone so can't give any technical criticism (also I suck at the tech aspects) but I do think it's a great shot!

Maybe a wee bit underexposed?
I wondered this too, after I viewed it on a different screen. I'm struggling with blowing out the highlights though. I really need to invest in a ND filter.

I've often wanted to try this, but keep forgetting when I have the chance to take the shots...

Use multiple exposures to have a properly exposed everything. In your case if you properly expose for the sky, the trees and mountains are underexposed. If you properly expose the mountains, the sky is blown out. You can use the same premise as the folks over in the HDR camp without HRDing the ever living crap out of your photo.

Take 2 exposures on a tripod. One exposed for the sky, one exposed for the rest. Load them both into PS, lightroom etc... whatever you use for your editing. Then blend the two photos together using the properly exposed sky from the one, and the properly exposed foreground from the other... the process at will.
In theory it could produce some awesome shots.

Andy Gock : Newcastle Photographer Multiple Exposure Blending for Landscapes - Newcastle Photographer

Oh, sweet! The lines are fantastic!

Pretty good balance, too!

Nominated for POTM October, 2014

Doze LINES!

Just stunning.

Oh, sweet! The lines are fantastic!

Pretty good balance, too!

Nominated for POTM October, 2014

Doze LINES!
Goodness me! I did not expect to read that when I opened this back up! Thank you.

Just stunning.
Thank you!! I'm very lucky to wake up to this view every morning!!

Now, As for the darkness, is this better?
15234208429_828ea05505_b.jpg

I've often wanted to try this, but keep forgetting when I have the chance to take the shots...

Use multiple exposures to have a properly exposed everything. In your case if you properly expose for the sky, the trees and mountains are underexposed. If you properly expose the mountains, the sky is blown out. You can use the same premise as the folks over in the HDR camp without HRDing the ever living crap out of your photo.

Take 2 exposures on a tripod. One exposed for the sky, one exposed for the rest. Load them both into PS, lightroom etc... whatever you use for your editing. Then blend the two photos together using the properly exposed sky from the one, and the properly exposed foreground from the other... the process at will.
In theory it could produce some awesome shots.

Andy Gock : Newcastle Photographer Multiple Exposure Blending for Landscapes - Newcastle Photographer

*Blush* This is actually an HDR image already, but I was trying to make it very subtle.

I have always struggled with landscapes, so when nature presented me an awesome opportunity to practice the other morning, I jumped on it! I would love some C&C on this one.

Ok, so it's pretty.. but would I be out of line if I asked where the giant hamster is?

Lol

Ok, so it's pretty.. but would I be out of line if I asked where the giant hamster is?

Lol
:Giggle: Ill leave the giant hamsters for our resident hamster photographer. ;-) He is welcome to have at the original image if he so wishes. lol

Lol
:Giggle: Ill leave the giant hamsters for our resident hamster photographer. ;-) He is welcome to have at the original image if he so wishes. lol

Ok, guess I'm confused then. You said this was HDR - isn't that Have Da Rodent?

Lol

Most reactions

New Topics

Back