Foliage on Film

PixelRabbit

A naughty little bunny...
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos NOT OK to edit
Wandered around with my AE1 (and a magnifying glass for fun lol) yesterday and shot some foliage this is the best of the bunch, I wanted to simplify as much as possible, this was backlit and it looked so delicate, I quite enjoy how it turned out :)

Would love to hear your thoughts, thanks for taking a look!

img096w-1 by Judi Smelko, on Flickr

I adore this, and no, not just because I'm biased :) It's a simple image, but it's balanced, and there's depth in the tones, and texture (grain is really good in a shot like this), atmosphere and feeling. It looks like a memory.

Wow :) thanks so much all!

I adore this, and no, not just because I'm biased :) It's a simple image, but it's balanced, and there's depth in the tones, and texture (grain is really good in a shot like this), atmosphere and feeling. It looks like a memory.

This. It's so simple and yet so beautiful

I can't really say anything technical about it, but I certainly like to look at it! :)

There's a nostalgic, sort of ... "tremulous" quality to the image as a whole, with the grain, and a tiny bit of motion blur working together. Makes the viewer curious about what it is, and what's in the background ... I'll bet people who look at this will probably interpret it through their own memories ...

Very cool picture.

Film does have a certain thing about it! :mrgreen:

Peace

Thanks so much all, I'm glad others are enjoying to as much as I do :)

The subtle changes in tone in the background are so excellent. This is beautiful.

Can I haz print? :cat:

Lots of similar reactions: I was thinking, looks like a dream! This is where film grain actually works as an element in a shot. Wonderful, Judi!!

...one minor, and did I say, MINOR? nitpick... is the top of the plant actually in the frame (or negative) and perhaps just cropped out in the scan? My eye kind of wants to finish that line. :)

not only does it look like a memory, it feels like one to.

Most reactions

New Topics

Back