What's new

Fonts for website use or logo use

burstintoflame81

TPF Noob!
Joined
Aug 7, 2009
Messages
729
Reaction score
0
Location
Arizona
Can others edit my Photos
Photos NOT OK to edit
I was wondering if anyone knows much about font use. I know there are many free or shareware fonts online but most specify "No Commercial" use. Does this mean selling the fonts in compilations or does it also mean not using them in your logos or on your website etc. ????

Anyone know a good way to get some good fonts that I can use? Or also, fairly cheap if I do have to pay for them? I just want to be able to use them anyway I like.
 
With the usual "I am not a lawyer" disclaimer...

My take on this is that you can use the fonts personally, share it with your friends, use it on your personal website etc..

However, if it's use is in conjuction with a business then you have to license it. So, if you plan to make money from the photographs and use the website as a way to advertise or sell them, then that would class as commercial use.

If in doubt, I'm sure that the font designer has contact information for licensing. Ask them :D
 

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Log in

Already have an account? Log in here.

New Topics

Back
Top Bottom