FOOD C&C :-)

Rosy

No longer a newbie, moving up!
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos OK to edit
The only thing that I see that could make it better is me eating them lol.

The only thing that I see that could make it better is me eating them lol.

I must admit they taste ALOT better than they look. She is incredible!

Rosy, thank you for PMing me and asking me to CC this. To me the lighting is a little harsh. Maybe dial down or make your light source even softer. Or personally I would just put my camera on a tripod, make sure you have somewhat even lighting (no mixed lighting), and just shoot it with low iso and longer exposure.

I would also consider going to an art store and buy a big white poster board or paper (matte finish.. not shiny) and curve it like a seamless paper so you have a nice white background and base instead of patterned white fabric.

As Robinson states, I too find the lighting a bit harsh. Were you using any modifiers? The polka dot looks kind of like it has a dump on it (not going to lie), but also appears to be slightly underexposed. Now that I think about it, 1 & 2 suffer from slight underexposure as well IMO. It seems like they've been sitting out for a bit or have had time to build up condensation on the outside of them, making them glisten. That could be a product of the harsh lights, however.

If you're shooting with flash and you're on a tripod, try and drag the shutter a bit to expose for the ambient lights as well.

As Robinson states, I too find the lighting a bit harsh. Were you using any modifiers? The polka dot looks kind of like it has a dump on it (not going to lie), but also appears to be slightly underexposed. Now that I think about it, 1 & 2 suffer from slight underexposure as well IMO. It seems like they've been sitting out for a bit or have had time to build up condensation on the outside of them, making them glisten. That could be a product of the harsh lights, however.

If you're shooting with flash and you're on a tripod, try and drag the shutter a bit to expose for the ambient lights as well.

thank you BOTH. No modifiers unless the bounce card is considered one (??).
*Thank you for the Art Store tip. I hear and read so much on OCF that i think it is always a must. NEED to just practice and see the different lighting effects.
AGAIN, thank you :)

Lose the bounce card. You are pretty much adding some light that is going straight to the subject. Personally I would just bounce it to the ceiling & wall behind you. Maybe in an angle a little bit to the right or left.

*Thank you for the Art Store tip. I hear and read so much on OCF that i think it is always a must. NEED to just practice and see the different lighting effects.

Lose the bounce card. You are pretty much adding some light that is going straight to the subject. Personally I would just bounce it to the ceiling & wall behind you. Maybe in an angle a little bit to the right or left.

I HOPE YOU SEE WHY I ASK FOR YOUR CC :)

Rosy... pretty much everything as been said...

Have you considered getting a softbox that would give you some nice soft light? Depending on what you get, it isn't expensive, and well worth it.

I haven't used this one.. but has good reviews and it is not expensive... Amazon.com: Fotodiox 20"x20" Softbox kit for Flash/Speedlight with Wireless Trigger Kit, for Nikon SB-600, SB-800, SB-900 Flash, Canon Speedlite 380EX, 430EX, 430EX II, 550EX, 580EX, 580EX II, Vivita Flash, Sunpack, Nissin,Sigma, Sony, Pentax, Olympu

The Lastolite Ezyboxes are excellent, but more costly... Amazon.com: Lastolite LL LS2462M2 Ezybox M2 Hotshoe Kit (24-Inch X 24-Inch): Camera & Photo

Westcott makes the Apollo series.. I have used some of the smaller ones... they do very well Amazon.com: Westcott 28 Apollo Speedlight Kit - OPEN BOX: Camera & Photo

Those are my best suggestions for you! You could also go with umbrellas.. cheaper... and used properly can do a nice job!

Or even a Lightbox, but that usually requires multiple light sources

As an Amazon Associate we earn from qualifying purchases.
cgipson1 said:
Rosy... pretty much everything as been said...

Have you considered getting a softbox that would give you some nice soft light? Depending on what you get, it isn't expensive, and well worth it.

I haven't used this one.. but has good reviews and it is not expensive... Amazon.com: Fotodiox 20"x20" Softbox kit for Flash/Speedlight with Wireless Trigger Kit, for Nikon SB-600, SB-800, SB-900 Flash, Canon Speedlite 380EX, 430EX, 430EX II, 550EX, 580EX, 580EX II, Vivita Flash, Sunpack, Nissin,Sigma, Sony, Pentax, Olympu

The Lastolite Ezyboxes are excellent, but more costly... Amazon.com: Lastolite LL LS2462M2 Ezybox M2 Hotshoe Kit (24-Inch X 24-Inch): Camera & Photo

Westcott makes the Apollo series.. I have used some of the smaller ones... they do very well Amazon.com: Westcott 28 Apollo Speedlight Kit - OPEN BOX: Camera & Photo

Those are my best suggestions for you! You could also go with umbrellas.. cheaper... and used properly can do a nice job!

Or even a Lightbox, but that usually requires multiple light sources

Thank you, again for your time and expertise! Appreciated tremendously

As an Amazon Associate we earn from qualifying purchases.
Right. The biggest thing I see is the glistening. Unfortunately it really looks like you just used the pop-up flash, because the glistening reminds me of how oily skin shows up god-awfully well under direct flash.

Most reactions

Back