Food Chain

Breezy85

No longer a newbie, moving up!
Reaction score
Website
www.bcicconephoto.com
Can others edit my Photos
Photos OK to edit
So went on a nature walk with a friend today through a local arboretum, and as I was walking the path I saw this bug chilling on the walkway. I wasn't sure what it was, so I figured I would try to get a close up macro shot of it and figure it out later.

So now come to looking through these, I'm seeing what may be a dragonfly eating a wasp :eek:

untitled-127.jpg

Not sure what it is but it's not a dragonfly - wings are wrong.

Edit: It's a robber fly aka assassin fly.

Last edited:
That insect looks familiar. I think I saw one just the other day, but do not know it's name. Good catch.

Thanks.

Not sure what it is but it's not a dragonfly - wings are wrong.

Edit: It's a robber fly aka assassin fly.

Ah okay. I wasn't sure what it was! Thanks for letting me know.

No problem. I remembered seeing something about them and took a shot on Google.

I remember one time we were out hiking, and I saw this amazing metallic blue wasp so I took a quick photo. When I got home and looked at it I realized he had a cricket in his grasp. The photo wasn't the best, my first digital, less than 1 mb, so I had to really zoom in to see it. You are lucky to have captured this shot, nice job Breezy!

I remember one time we were out hiking, and I saw this amazing metallic blue wasp so I took a quick photo. When I got home and looked at it I realized he had a cricket in his grasp. The photo wasn't the best, my first digital, less than 1 mb, so I had to really zoom in to see it. You are lucky to have captured this shot, nice job Breezy!

Thanks! He was just chilling there and I wasn't sure what he was doing. LOL

Most reactions

Back