FOOD FIGHT - CULINARY FIGHT CLUB

I love this thread. Hmmm...I have no ideas for what I'm feeding myself and the little squirrels tonight. Better get on it.

TATTRAT, now I want to read that forum too (as if this one isn't taking up enough of my time).

Looks good! Does your wife make spring rolls? We hosted a couple from Viet Nam that cooked us a wonderful meal and I can't remember all the dishes, but was very good.

I made this the other day since we had Turkish friends over. Couscous with chickpeas & tomatoes & feta. My new favorite dish.

View attachment 43218

Goi Cuon...no Vietnamese doesn't make Goi Cuon (spring roll) it is a staple. I love all foods of all cultures. There are only a few things I don't like.

Supper tonight, sausage stuffed peppers.

$IMG_3146.JPG

Hey Derrel, you are not to see the goodies under the cheese. More cheese man & some in the crust with garlic.

YaY Ron, awesome. My mouth is watering for some spicy hot wings now!

ribs by keips66, on Flickr
Got 3rd place!!! out of 27 teams! Even beat out some of the "professionals" -cooked for 7 hours on the weber smokey mountain.

Got 3rd place!!! out of 27 teams! Even beat out some of the "professionals" -cooked for 7 hours on the weber smokey mountain.

Nice job!! Do you have the 18" or the 22.5" WSM? Mine never take 7 hours--I'm usually done by 5, maybe 5 1/2 hours. But I run mine up around 275*. These look awesome!

I have the 22.5" - I cooked at 200-220. They were pretty darn good. Some people thought they were better than the 1st place ribs. At least I get my name on a plaque and put up on the wall. :) Im pretty juiced that I did that well. Had a great rub, and my homemade BBQ sauce :)

I have the 22.5" - I cooked at 200-220. They were pretty darn good. Some people thought they were better than the 1st place ribs. At least I get my name on a plaque and put up on the wall. :) Im pretty juiced that I did that well. Had a great rub, and my homemade BBQ sauce :)

Awesome. Dry rubs tend to be pretty much the same thing from team to team -- there are small variances of course, but I have found that the base ingredients tend to be the same. I have a great home made BBQ sauce that I developed over a few years. I start with a national brand (NOT KCM!) and then make revisions from there. It's a bit of a Carolina vinegar based sauce and it's awesome. Great with PP.

Are you on The Virtual Weber Bulletin Board

Congrats on your 3rd place finish!!

Nice job!! Do you have the 18" or the 22.5" WSM? Mine never take 7 hours--I'm usually done by 5, maybe 5 1/2 hours. But I run mine up around 275*. These look awesome!

I agree, sure would love to have a few off that rack.

Most reactions

Back