*~*Food Pictures <-- Critique Please*~*

clee27

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos OK to edit
*~* Sushi & Desserts *~*
Please click on them for a larger picture.

One of my friends is a sushi chef and the other is learning to be a French chef and wanted pictures for their portfolios.

Not bad, only complaint is the ugly highlights from the on-camera flash

Not bad, only complaint is the ugly highlights from the on-camera flash

HA so true!!! Wish I could afford a "real flash"....*sigh*...maybe someday!
Thanks!

to me it seems like they should be saturated a bit more...

to me it seems like they should be saturated a bit more...

like this?

IMG_3373bx.jpg

I'm hungry now.:er:

#1 should have been taken on a dark table to distinguish and break up the plate, keep it from blending in. Oh, on second look, the plate fills the entire picture... in that case, use a darker plate.

#2-3. good. Maybe a better background. The rice is on the verge of being blown out.

#4 crop out the area above the plate, but since the white design goes above the plate, reshoot with a higher angle or maybe get a bigger plate.

#5 Turning it 30 deg and use a smaller aperture to get the whole dish in focus. Plus the rice looks a little blown out.

They look pretty good, just a few things. I guess me being hungry made me notice too much.:D

I'm hungry now.:er:

#1 should have been taken on a dark table to distinguish and break up the plate, keep it from blending in. Oh, on second look, the plate fills the entire picture... in that case, use a darker plate.

#2-3. good. Maybe a better background. The rice is on the verge of being blown out.

#4 crop out the area above the plate, but since the white design goes above the plate, reshoot with a higher angle or maybe get a bigger plate.

#5 Turning it 30 deg and use a smaller aperture to get the whole dish in focus. Plus the rice looks a little blown out.

They look pretty good, just a few things. I guess me being hungry made me notice too much.:D

awww yay I made someone hungry!! Thanks for the advice!! That would be great if I could reshoot it but we GOBBLED IT ALL UP RIGHT AFTER I finished taking the pictures! LOL

Maybe I'll try that next time if they need me again!

The larger picture you posted looks great. I'm going to go eat now.:D

I agree with the first reply on the highlights. I think one way to help this is to get some parchment paper (if you're around chefs, this shouldn't be an issue), fold it 1-4 times (experiment), and hold it in front of your flash. This should help diffuse the light more.

I agree with the first reply on the highlights. I think one way to help this is to get some parchment paper (if you're around chefs, this shouldn't be an issue), fold it 1-4 times (experiment), and hold it in front of your flash. This should help diffuse the light more.

Parchment paper ...hrm....sounds awesome! I think I'll try that next time! Thanks! xoxox

I tried editing one a little bit... tell me what you think... the flash did kind of hurt the image but this might make certain area's darker...
2ndtry.jpg

I tried editing one a little bit... tell me what you think... the flash did kind of hurt the image but this might make certain area's darker...
2ndtry.jpg

awww yeah thanks for trying <3 the flash really did kill the picture.....now the cucumber looks ROTTEN! LOL xoxooxoxo

yeah I gave it my best shot haha, I'm no photoshop wiz... in fact I consider myself a sucky photoshoper. I can do about 5 things thats it.

Most reactions

New Topics

Back