For any computer guys here!

Great...it gives the hackers and tweakers a head start on poking holes in it. :roll: :lol:

I don't like betas :p...I'll stick with XP and wait for "7" reviews

Well, I'd never use a beta as my primary OS, but I like new stuff.

Oh, and:
windows_7.png

(Discalimer. I like Vista.)
Posted under Creative Commons

After a massive server crash from so many people trying to download, the site is back up and working! No limit of number of licenses per person, either...I got myself 7.

I also installed it on my 3 year old laptop, which took 4 minutes to restart with Vista, and it was restarted and idle in less than 1 with 7. Holy smokes!

I already am dealing with a beta windows.... its called vista.

Sorry.... my wife's laptop is going to stay with XP for a while longer.

I don't even pay attention to the new operating systems coming out because I have no problems at all with XP.. Plus, not to sound like a tin-foil hat wearing loon, the gov't is giving itself way too much leeway with our privacy lately, and I can just see them putting more back doors and ways to breach any firewall, etc.. They'll even probably make them file sharing proof as a rule, those commies....

I've been using computers since BASIC and DOS, and XP is flawless as far as I'm concerned.. Win2000 Pro was my second favorite, but it took forever to boot up.. Win98 and WinME were horrible, but XP is very stable and able to recover from just about any disaster.. I've heard nothing but bad things about Visto, even to the point that Microsoft was running a commercial for a while where they duped these clowns into trying Windows Mesa, which was Vista, and when the people loved it, they told them that it's really Vista, and the people invariably said something dopey like, "Oh, I want it!" Vista was a flop if you ask me.. The only way they're getting Vista out there now is through OEM's because people aren't buying it due to all the negative publicity early on.

Everyone I know who has it bitches about it asking for permission for every single thing you do. "You typed the letter T. Are you sure you want to do this?"

I am a web programmer by trade, and I am Anti-Microsoft period. I turn down jobs from people who want to use any type of Microsoft product. I guess I refuse to add more garbage to the world.

Linux and Mac OS X are the way to go.

Anybody need a website done? :mrgreen:

Everyone I know who has it bitches about it asking for permission for every single thing you do. "You typed the letter T. Are you sure you want to do this?"

That can be turned off very easily. It takes an entire three mouse clicks (two if you open the start menu via the keyboard shortcut, lol).

I don't even pay attention to the new operating systems coming out because I have no problems at all with XP.. Plus, not to sound like a tin-foil hat wearing loon, the gov't is giving itself way too much leeway with our privacy lately, and I can just see them putting more back doors and ways to breach any firewall, etc.. They'll even probably make them file sharing proof as a rule, those commies....

I've been using computers since BASIC and DOS, and XP is flawless as far as I'm concerned.. Win2000 Pro was my second favorite, but it took forever to boot up.. Win98 and WinME were horrible, but XP is very stable and able to recover from just about any disaster.. I've heard nothing but bad things about Visto, even to the point that Microsoft was running a commercial for a while where they duped these clowns into trying Windows Mesa, which was Vista, and when the people loved it, they told them that it's really Vista, and the people invariably said something dopey like, "Oh, I want it!" Vista was a flop if you ask me.. The only way they're getting Vista out there now is through OEM's because people aren't buying it due to all the negative publicity early on.

Some days I feel for you, I really do. (Then I read the racial profiling thing again, and stop feeling bad.)

The government is running Redmond...ok, then.

Been using computers since (not an os) and DOS? As for flawless, any OS that automatically runs every command with administrator access by default isn't flawless.

As for Mojave...(Mesa?)...you're missing the point. They took a bunch of people who had it in their minds that Vista was bad, with no real reason for it (like most "vista is bad-inites"), and showed them the OS in a way that circumvented their preconceived notions. They could have done better (Let them use it for a few days instead of a demo, but it's still marketing). And if you want to talk misinformation in Ads, Apple has been fined in the European Union numerous times in the past few months for misrepresentation in advertising.

"people aren't buying it due to all the negative publicity early on." You said it yourself. The reason people aren't buying it is because of a bad launch. 2 years later, that is completely unfounded.

Your last point is about UAC. On MacOS or Linux, whenever a user tried to make anadministrative change, the computer pops up a password box, where you put in your root pass and move on. Vista's UAC is the same thing, and fixes XPs major security flaw, running all processes at administrator privileges all the time. If you don't like it, or don't need it, turn it off...I really don't see what the big deal there is.

Oh, and I've been using computers since "BASIC" (A programming language I learned in elementary school, not an OS) and DOS as well.

EDIT: Not to mention that this thread wasn't about Vista in the first place.

Last edited:
Downloading both the 32-bit and 64-bit ones. Ill see which one is better. Does anybody know what the driver situation is? Are they included or am I going to hate myself for installing another Micro$oft product without finding drivers?

been using vista for about 1 year and never had a problem, unless you count the idiots that have never used it that keep saying its so bad you should go back to xp :er:

I have to say I'm so happy with vista that I have no interest in 7 at all.

oh and as it seems to be a race of what systems you've used I'll add mine

Apple mac thing that had a floppy drive under the little black and white monitor, BBC micro, 380Z, zx81, zx spectrum, zx spectrum 128+, 486 dx2 DOS and windows 3.1, Atari 520ST, windows 95, windows XP and now vista ultimate. Now I admit none of those are as good as GLaDOS but we can't have everything in life ;-)

I have Vista nice and tweaked out on my main machine, and I'm lovin' it. I still run XP on my spare PC, but for no particular reason. Vista has a totally different kernel and thus was almost a tabula rasa for Microsoft and users. I'm thinking of installing beta 7 on a separate HD for a dual-boot, but would never even think of using a beta OS as a primary OS- you're asking for trouble if you do that, IMO...

Downloading both the 32-bit and 64-bit ones. Ill see which one is better. Does anybody know what the driver situation is? Are they included or am I going to hate myself for installing another Micro$oft product without finding drivers?

Driver situation is fine! It included more drivers than Vista, even after SP1, and if there's no 7 driver yet, because it's based on the Vista kernal, you can use Vista drivers.

LP: You don't have a GLADoS box yet? I got mine last year, and I must say, what a triumph. It's like delicious, moist cake.

Edit, edit: Last night, a bit of news was posted in the Windows blog. No 2.5 million limit anymore! It's free until the 24th.

Most reactions

New Topics

Back