For Bitter.

mwcfarms

No longer a newbie, moving up!
Reaction score
Website
www.deannachambers.com
Can others edit my Photos
Photos OK to edit
Ok so I braved the weather for you today lol. Went outside and tried for some macro shots of the hoarfrost. I think today it might have been a bit heavy but here are a couple that I thought were good.

5221609964_5a0a37d902_z.jpg

Ok so the first one was lacking. I see it now. Fixed it with this which I do like better.

1 take 2 lol.

5221106321_46325c32ae_z.jpg

5221012817_98a9d14d95_z.jpg

3. And one more because its my favorite from this morning.
5221648356_b40fea40ec_z.jpg

Last edited:
WOW I love the second one awesome work. I wish I could do that!!

Ok now you must explain how you did that. When i sharpened it again it got noisy but now I see your cropped it more. Is that why your cropped more? I have tried replicating it but can't get quite there.

I think I know what you did. Going to have to remember to darken my shadows more. This is what I got. Better, yes?

Deleted picture added to Top.

Hmm not sure but when i flipped it I guess it deleted it. Oh well added it in the initial post.

Last edited:
Love them Dee!! Simply amazing! We don't have that much snow just yet! Just had our first snowfall last week :D BC. has to catch up on you Albertans :p.

Dee, I saw #1 as having way too much uninteresting "extra" so I cropped it down to what I found the best portion of the frame, added contrast & a bit of sharpening. This was done with free Photoscape.

Dee, I saw #1 as having way too much uninteresting "extra" so I cropped it down to what I found the best portion of the frame, added contrast & a bit of sharpening. This was done with free Photoscape.

Yup your right after cropping I like the edit much better. Thanks for that. It was a bonk on the head for me. Which means maybe I got more keepers this morning that I thought. Thanks again Ron.

Love them Dee!! Simply amazing! We don't have that much snow just yet! Just had our first snowfall last week :D BC. has to catch up on you Albertans :p.

Thanks Bram, yep we have had quite the weather lately. Last week had minus 37 and then with wind chill was -45. Anytime you want to visit lol I'll share. :D

Awww!! You froze your butt off for me?

I have never seen hoarfrost before. That's pretty cool!

Is it ice crystals formed from moisture in the air? *goes agoogling*

Thanks Dee!

Awww!! You froze your butt off for me?

I have never seen hoarfrost before. That's pretty cool!

Is it ice crystals formed from moisture in the air? *goes agoogling*

Thanks Dee!

Lol your welcome. It was interesting, I definitely need to work on my macro manual focusing. Yes it condensation in the air that freezes I believe. I'll have more all winter. We get tonnes of days like this. My kids hated me though.:er:

We get about 1 hoarfrost about every 3 years. :er:

These are so incredibly lovely that I now need to delete every picture I've ever taken of winter, because they just can't compete. :D

Most reactions

New Topics

Back