What's new

For His Daily Bread...

Frequency

Been spending a lot of time on here!
Joined
Oct 17, 2010
Messages
8,864
Reaction score
683
Location
Calicut, Kerala,India
Can others edit my Photos
Photos OK to edit
5525515563_19b1d2c2b1_b.jpg


May I know your Feelings? ;)
 
I like the mood of this picture i just kind of wished it was closer than that.
 
Thank you Devor; here i post a trimmed out close up. Actually when i did this, i came to know that this person is outside the boat and not within ;)

5528010863_e4e23bd9fa_b.jpg
 
I don't think the crop has the same feeling. I like the bridge and trees in the shot. That may just be me though.
 
I would crop out a bit of the foreground and the bridge. I agree that the trees in the top right add to the scene so they should stay. My crop would put your subject almost in the bottom right of the frame. I would start the frame just above whatever that is in the water and just to the right of the tip of his boat. Enough to give it room to breath but not too far.
 
The cropped version loses the overall environmental emphasis that the original shot had. I like the photo, but the original is simply too small to appreciate. SOME photos demand to be seen large,and this is I think, one of them that must be seen fairly large to appreciate.
 
Thank you ions; reading your suggestion, i was a bit confused and i desired for a while, if instead you did an immediate edit that would strait away talk what you really meant ;)

Thank you Derrel too
 
When i drag it onto my desktop, i see it has a white border around it which i think looks good. Is at a 'freehand' (arbitrary) crop Frequency? TBH I prefer standard formats (16:9, 'Xpan' 65x24). At first, i preferred the original 3:2 but this (big) looks nice with the white border (on black).

Thank you Devor; here i post a trimmed out close up. Actually when i did this, i came to know that this person is outside the boat and not within ;)

5528010863_e4e23bd9fa_b.jpg
 
Not following any standard ratio here is what I mean:

5525515563_19b1d2c2b1_b.jpg


Roughly anyway, I might tinker a bit with that but you get the idea.
 
Last edited:
I'm not real big on either, lots of outside clutter to distract the viewer from the subject who's...tying their shoe? picking up rocks? stretching?

"For his daily bread"? is this supposed to be a biblical reference?

I'm not trying to be a debbie downer, i just don't understand how the title relates to the image, or what the subject is doing.
 
make it black and white while you are at it.
 
Thank you PASM; yes, it was a free hand selection for trim.

Thank you ions; now i got it without any brain work ;) it works well

Thank you Sw1tchFX; the man in the picture is picking up some shelled creature belonging to which family, i don't know. But that goes to menu list

Thank you Gani, for that suggestion; let me check it out ;)
 
5531575458_c96d90c922_b.jpg


I think this is really meant to be in B&W. Thank you Gani :D
 

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Log in

Already have an account? Log in here.

Back
Top Bottom