For my 666th Post... (may offend the religiously sensitive)

Pugs

No longer a newbie, moving up!
Reaction score
Website
www.pugsnet.com
Can others edit my Photos
Photos NOT OK to edit
I noticed earlier that I was getting close to 666 posts. So... I decided to try to come up with a Chiller-esque shot, but I'm not as creative or skilled as him so... this is the best I could do.

Two versions:

DSC_0329-Edit%20Small.jpg

DSC_0330-Edit%20Small.jpg

Critique, criticism, condemnation, commentary, etc..., all welcomed!

Interesting. I think I like the bloody one better, although you could have done the blood a bit differently. Perhaps with the knife stuck in the table and capture a drop as it comes off the knife.

Very original none the less. Good job!

11.gif
Grats on your 666th. You wont be the same now. :lol: Shalst I fix you a coffin...maybe a new crypt? :mrgreen:
I prefer the image with the blood and a few droplettes on the table would have been schweet too.
The book looks like it went through hell....no pun intended. :lol: I keep mine on my alter in a box. :D

I'm going to look up your 333rd post to see if it was half as evil ;)

Interesting. I think I like the bloody one better, although you could have done the blood a bit differently. Perhaps with the knife stuck in the table and capture a drop as it comes off the knife.

Very original none the less. Good job!

Thank you. I'm not sure what my wife would have to say about sticking it in the table, but I really like the idea! Maybe I'll find an old beat-up table and re-shoot this!

That's a bada$$ knife!

Yeah, I like kris style blades, but unfortunately, the shape of the handguard, although very cool looking, would render this one completely impractical/unuseable from a fighting/self-defense point of view... if it were a real knife and not a chromed display blade that can't be sharpened.

11.gif
Grats on your 666th. You wont be the same now. :lol: Shalst I fix you a coffin...maybe a new crypt? :mrgreen:
I prefer the image with the blood and a few droplettes on the table would have been schweet too.
The book looks like it went through hell....no pun intended. :lol: I keep mine on my alter in a box. :D

Chiller... you never cease to creep me the f*ck out! :lol:

Droplets on the table would have been good! Damn! Definitely needs a re-shoot!

I'm going to look up your 333rd post to see if it was half as evil ;)

LOL! :lol::lmao::lol:

I personally find this highly offensive.

Just kidding. What a great way to bring in the 666th post. I don't think of things like that.

I personally find this highly offensive.

Just kidding. What a great way to bring in the 666th post. I don't think of things like that.

This is actually the only one that I though of. I didn't have any clever ideas for any of the other milestones...

For my 34th post I wish I had done something Walter Payton related (as I sit here in my Walter Payton jersey).

:evil:

i only have a pdf of that book :/

(never read it :mrgreen:)

Is that kind of like trying pot but not inhaling?! :lol:

I prefer #2, although I think it could have benefited from some different, darker lighting.

Now that we got that out of the way, what's the deal with the items in the photo? I surmise that you don't just keep those around as photo props?

I prefer #2, although I think it could have benefited from some different, darker lighting.

Now that we got that out of the way, what's the deal with the items in the photo? I surmise that you don't just keep those around as photo props?
I agree with the lighting comment. I spent all of about ten minutes on this shot and didn't bother with controlling the light. I set up the props and shot... For the re-shoot (if it ever happens), I'll be using a rattier table, some melted down candles, more Sriracha sauce spilled liberally (that's what I used for the blood), and I'll be shaping the light a little more (I'm thinking snoot).

As for the props: I used to teach knife fighting and my nephew, knowing I like knives, spent some of his allowance (supplemented by my sister-in-law) to buy me that knife as a gift when he was eight-ish because he saw it and pestered her to let him buy it for me; the little pewter dude has been sitting on my desk forever and I have no idea where he came from; the book is from my library as one of my degrees is in Comparative Religions and I have a LARGE collection of religious books; and the amulet is actually Buddhist (the eight points represent the eight-fold path) and was given to me by a work friend as a $10 Secret Santa gift a decade or so ago.

Either that or my Lord and Master demands that I keep these items to honor HIM... MUAHAHAHA!! :lol:

I agree with the lighting comment. I spent all of about ten minutes on this shot and didn't bother with controlling the light. I set up the props and shot... For the re-shoot (if it ever happens), I'll be using a rattier table, some melted down candles, more Sriracha sauce spilled liberally (that's what I used for the blood), and I'll be shaping the light a little more (I'm thinking snoot).

As for the props: I used to teach knife fighting and my nephew, knowing I like knives, spent some of his allowance (supplemented by my sister-in-law) to buy me that knife as a gift when he was eight-ish because he saw it and pestered her to let him buy it for me; the little pewter dude has been sitting on my desk forever and I have no idea where he came from; the book is from my library as one of my degrees is in Comparative Religions and I have a LARGE collection of religious books; and the amulet is actually Buddhist (the eight points represent the eight-fold path) and was given to me by a work friend as a $10 Secret Santa gift a decade or so ago.

Either that or my Lord and Master demands that I keep these items to honor HIM... MUAHAHAHA!! :lol:

At first I was like :meh:

Then I :lol:'d...........

Most reactions

New Topics

Back