For Sale: Canon 17-85mm f/4-5.6

TheKenTurner

No longer a newbie, moving up!
Reaction score
Website
www.flickr.com
Can others edit my Photos
Photos NOT OK to edit
Made new thread because of new price, and the price was in the title of the old one.

Ideal for travel, mid-range nature/wildlife and general photography, the Canon EF-S 17-85mm f/4-5.6 IS USMis a lightweight, compact all-purpose "standard" zoom lens. Equivalent to a 28-135mm lens in 35mm format, this EF-S lens brings 5x wide-angle to tele coverage to EOS 20D and Digital Rebel shooters.
This lens features Canon's latest optical Image Stabilizer technology, providing up to 3-stop compensation for image blur caused by camera shake and slow shutter speeds. The lens has a 17 element, 12 group construction, including one double-sided aspherical element for crisp, high contrast corner-to-corner detail.
A ring-type USM means both fast and silent AF, as well as full-time manual focus when in the AF mode.
Designed specifically for digital photography, the lens has specially shaped lens elements and coatings to suppress ghosting and flare, which can be caused by reflections off digital camera sensors. An exclusive optional lens hood can further reduce the incidence of flare.
Note: Only Canon Extension Tube EF 25 II and 12 II fit on this lens.
Note! Not suitable for 35mm film SLR cameras or digital cameras with an image sensor bigger than APS-C size, this lens fits on the EOS Digital Rebel series or 7D, 40D, 30D and 20D cameras.

This is a used 17-85mm lens with the lens hood and UV filter for $300(OBO) + $20 for shipping. I am willing to ship to both Canada and US. I am selling because I upgraded to a new lens. The lens does have some dust inside, although tiny pieces of dust very rarely affect image quality unless on the camera sensor, and I have not noticed and quality decrease when comparing it to other lenses.

Lens Model: Canon EF-S 17-85mm f/4-5.6 IS USM

Lens Date Code if applicable: N/A

Lens Body Condition: 9/10 - Show signs of being used, but no permanent damage

Lens Glass Condition: 8/10 - Dust seen inside lens, but very minimal effect in IQ. no scratches.

Sale Includes: Lens, lens hood*, front and rear lens caps, Rocketfish UV filter

Price: $300 OBO

Payments Accepted: PayPal

Possible Trades: none

Shipping Available To: Canada and US ($20 shipping)

Item location: Ottawa, Canada

Best Contact Method: PM or email: [email protected]

Reason for selling: paying off Sigma 17-70mm and Canon 70-300mm

* Note: The lens hood is a knock-off but still snaps on and works exactly the same as the real one

View attachment 36388View attachment 36389View attachment 36390View attachment 36391View attachment 36392View attachment 36393

Last edited:
..... This is still for sale if anyone is interested! $300 OBO​

Most reactions

New Topics

Back