For the Heron lover in you

Canoncan

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
I noticed that there was a Heron freak out there. Thought I would re share these from a spot near where I live where this spring there were over 100 nesting Great Blues.

Heron1b.jpg

Heron2.jpg

heron4.jpg

Heron.jpg

Heron freak, that would be me.

Those shots are great.

I especially like the one of him flying. It's really amazing how that little body and long neck can hand a 55 inch wingspan, and look so graceful in flight.

Great shots. I'm a heron freak also. I just found a spot near me where two herons hunt regularly. They are quite beautiful birds.

These are awesome shots Canoncan. Are these they ones off Taunton road? And which way do you get in there from. Amazing work on these. :hail:

Chiller said:
These are awesome shots Canoncan. Are these they ones off Taunton road? And which way do you get in there from. Amazing work on these. :hail:

They are the ones of Taunton Rd. You have to go in at the very west end of the woods, at the open field. I park right on Taunton. These were taken early May, Now its hard to see all the nests due to the leaves in the trees. I still see them flying out of the woods as I pass there daily on the way to work. Great Birds. Deb these were taken with a 75-300 at 300. They are about 40-60 ft up in the trees.

Most reactions

New Topics

Back