For those brave enough. Any Black Friday scores?

benhasajeep

No longer a newbie, moving up!
Reaction score
The only thing we bought today was 2 tons of wood pellets, couple other things at Lowes. And a bag of dog food for our lab. Got our exercise moving the 100 bags of pellets inside the attached garage. Right now doesn't look like I will be home for Christmas. So, wife is going to keep it low key this year.

Nice day today, sunny and we tied the record high temp. at 74 F (normal is around 50 F). So I joined my wife out in the garden and we got about 120 crocus bulbs planted. Trying an experiment; I dug up a mandevilla tuber and we're going to try and keep it in the basement over winter and see if we can't revive it in the Spring -- good day.

Joe

Nothing photography related. Some major deals on household stuff and toys as Christmas gifts, and a PS4 for myself.

I'm being severely tempted by the D750 deal. It's so reasonable, haha

I'm being severely tempted by the D750 deal. It's so reasonable, haha

Ah you know you want it. :aiwebs_016: Are you yellow? :aiwebs_016: :801:

It's $1500 that could go towards our next house so I have some reservations. My D600 (scuff and all) is still in pretty solid shape. I can also pick up a minty fresh D800 with 30,000 clicks for about $900 on MPB.com. That makes the decision tougher too.

Nothing outrageous. We don’t really “need” anything and don’t buy a lot of gifts now that the nephews are older. Online I picked up an echo dot for Princess for $24.99 and got a bonus smart outlet for next to nothing ($7). Got myself a new Fitbit for $50 off plus got $15 Kohl’s cash back on that which I’ll use toward gifts so saved $65.

Still annoyed that the camera bag I want for my Xt2 is on sale $30 off in every color but the one I want. This makes me not want to buy it now as I feel like I’d be overpaying.

Also my favorite Black Friday deal is the gift cards on the Cheesecake Factory website. For every $25 gift card you get 2 free pieces of cheesecake. I always buy 4 $25 cards. In January when I take the extended family out to dinner to celebrate Princess’s birthday, 8 free pieces of cheesecake saves me over $60.

Went to work at 5am and much fewer than normal people came shopping while I was there. Then I came home. With a gun to my head I wouldn't have gone to Wal-Mart or a mall.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G890A using Tapatalk

Not me...I work Friday-Sunday in the ER. The wife however....

20171123_142234.jpg

Sent from my LG-H872 using Tapatalk

I brought lunch to work, but damn it I went crazy and bought a nice sandwich

I bought a 9-volt battery for a smoke/CO alarm; it was less than $5

Went by a consignment shop I've wanted to visit. Didn't see anything with which to take a picture. Did spend $2.60 on a photo album. Have a plan to do the best of each type of plane I shot all in one album.
Problem is I only have 3x5 or smaller of most of the early stuff. This is a 4x6 album.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G890A using Tapatalk

Most reactions

Back